No announcement yet.

Do they make a nut for this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just installed a new WF Wells at a customers. This one is a dual column saw but the vise is the same as yours. I did notice that they added a little plate that slides side to side and prevents the nut from lifting. If I get a chance today I will take a picture.

Edit

After looking at the pic of yours it looks like you may have the plate. Its half way up the bar that you lift for quick adjustment. Yours is dead in the center but I think you can lide it side to side to get it to hold the bar down.
    Last edited by DougA; 06-29-2012, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Do they make a nut for this ?

Mike. It's been my experience in life that no matter where you wind up there's some kind of nut waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by DougA
        After looking at the pic of yours it looks like you may have the plate. Its half way up the bar that you lift for quick adjustment. Yours is dead in the center but I think you can lide it side to side to get it to hold the bar down.

wow .. I was wondering what that little bar/plate thing was for. I just got
        ordering the new nut ... and after altering my old one every which way .. I
        probably need it ...

When the new nut comes ... I will remember the plate tip ..

thanks so much

Mike A Mick
        John Titor, when are you.

Comment

Working...
        X