OT......Smart vs Dumb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT......Smart vs Dumb

Simple queston... There is SMART and DUMB in the world. why does DUMB always take precedence?

This comes from, and I'm sure everyone has said it at least once. "Darn, I knew that was gonna happen, but I did it anyway"

Are we trying to take the easy way out, are our brains wired incorrectly, are we just lazy or are we just pessimists?

Maybe it's because when we make the right decision everything goes smoothly and no notice is taken but if we screw up then it makes a lasting impression!

Comment

Stupid doesn't always hurt.
      Mike

My Dad always said, "If you want people to do things for you on the farm, you have to buy a machine they can sit on that does most of the work."

Comment

It's ALWAYS easier to go through life as an idiot. Nobody expects much out of you and if by some chance you do something brilliant then people are pleasantly surprised. If you're smart then people ALWAYS expect brilliant things from you and are shocked when you do something human as opposed to the superhuman things you normally do.

Comment

Words that get attention:

"Hold m' beer and watch this"

Comment

Originally posted by MotorradMike
            Stupid doesn't always hurt.
            Dunno, I find that stupid often hurts -- I had a piece of wire removed from my eyeball and quarter-sized fire scale burn on the back of my hand to prove it
            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

"Darn, I knew that was gonna happen, but I did it anyway"
              Alcohol.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by ahidley
                Simple queston... There is SMART and DUMB in the world. why does DUMB always take precedence?

This comes from, and I'm sure everyone has said it at least once. "Darn, I knew that was gonna happen, but I did it anyway"

Are we trying to take the easy way out, are our brains wired incorrectly, are we just lazy or are we just pessimists?
                You have to remember that smart folks don't know everything either.

Stupid folks do dumb things out of ignorance. Smart ones do them out of optimism, inattention and ignorance.

Obviously there are more chances to do it wrong than there are to do it right.

Dan
                At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

the dumb are tougher, look at me, thats why we prevail.

Comment

this explains it all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL6wbsGx9qw

Comment

ya know, I'm not so sure.

I think people just don't have any reason to notice things that go right.
                      ----
                      Proud machining permanoob since September 2010

Comment

See the very long thread on "spelling/usage".
                        Dumb means can't speak
                        Ignorant means not known

Then there is "stupid" which, at least implies, ineducable. :-)
                        ...lew...

Comment

I've always learned way more when I do stupid stuff. That's why I keep doin it.
                          Cheers,
                          Gary

Comment

Iv built allot of crap in my life -- that's how I pretty much know what will work now...

Comment

I like Thomas Edison's attitude, I didn't fail I just learned another way it won't work!

Comment

Working...
                              X