Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Quarter Recall

Subject: Texas Quarters

Hang on to any of the new State of Texas quarters!

If you have them, they may be worth much more than 25 cents. The U.S.Treasury announced today that it is recalling all of the Texas quarters that are part of its program featuring quarters from each state.

"We are recalling all the new Texas quarters that were recently issued," Treasury Undersecretary Jack Shackleford said Monday. "This action is being taken after numerous reports that new quarters will not work in parking meters, toll booths, vending machines, pay phones, or other coin-operated
    devices".

The quarters were issued in the order in which the various states joined the U.S. and have been a tremendous success among coin collectors worldwide.

"The problem lies in the unique design of the Texas quarter, which was created by a Texas A&M graduate," Shackleford said." Apparently, the duct tape holding the two dimes and the nickel together keeps jamming the coin-operated devices."

CCWKen --

Can't figure out if you, a Texan, are being brave or dumb for telling an Aggie joke . . . but I'm sure that you'll come to regret your action. Hundreds of Aggies will come out of the woodwork wanting you to explain . . . and it's going to take you hours of 'splainin' for them to get the joke.

John

Comment

LOL, suckered me in!

Comment

What a riot! Sadly I love Aggie jokes so here goes-

You heard about the two aggies that went hunt'n together?They were walking along when all of the sudden one graps his chest and tells his buddy"I think I'm havin a heart attack" and falls onto the ground cold,his buddy starts to panic and remembers he has a cell phone,he dials 911 and tells the dispatcher what happened and that he thinks his friend is dead,then the dispatcher says "the first thing you need to do is make sure if he's dead"mans buddy says"okay hold on" the dispatcher hears him put the phone down and then a couple of gun shots,he picks the phone back up and says"okay,now what?"
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Well, seems the same jokes are being told of "Pollocks" up North. I, being a Texas Pollock born in Ohio and grown in Texas, have the right to poke myself in the eye.

Before my great-grandfather imigrated to US, the last name was Kobzdej. Some Pollock on "imigration island" spelled it Kopsky.

But Hey! I'm also 1/16 card carrying and certified Western Cherokee native American (#40971). So I can poke you guys in the eye too!

[This message has been edited by CCWKen (edited 03-02-2004).]

Comment

Well my dad is a Yankee and my mom is French,so not a single drop of white blood in me
            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

My sister lives in Texas and she packs a 45 in her purse. Her husband works at U. of T., so I guess A&M jokes are ok. You're safe for now.
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

The Aggies will definitely come after you! But they will check their pockets first!

-- jerry
                dvideo

Comment

My favorite involves 3 business execs in bar in NY. Cocktail waitress brings drinks, and comments to one: "I see you're a Yale grad". That's right, how'd you know? "Oh, I could tell by the suit you're wearing." Later when she brings the 2nd round, she says to the next guy "You're a Harvard man, right?" Yes, how could you tell? "Your speech gave you away." After bringing the 3rd round she turns to leave and the 3rd man says "Hey, betcha can't guess where I'm from." "Sure I can. You're from Texas A&M."
                  I know, you guessed it because of my western boots right? "No, I saw your Aggie ring when you reached up to pick your nose."
                  Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Working...
                  X