Question for John Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for John Stevenson

John, how do you post drawings on the BBS like the one that you posted a few days ago on ball turning?
    To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Sorry George,
    No secret to that as it was a page from a book scanned in and posted as a picture just like the rest of the jpg's published here.

You can post a drawing from a CAD system as a picture if your program supports save as .bmp, .emf or similar
    This drawing was imported into Turbocad as a DXF file, ignore the wrong sized text, Turbocad has problem with this. It was than saves as an EPS file, taken into paintshop pro and converted to a jpg.
    Quality isn't great as I have reduced it in size to save bandwidth.

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Thanks John. I will give it a try sometime.
      To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Comment

I use a shareware program I purchased that will convert DXF's directly to a number of formats. It works well. The name is Able Graphic Manager. I have no connection with them.

Comment

The company I work for sometimes has to send drawings to customers who don't have Autocad, Solidworks etc.
          They send the drawings as a pdf, the software is free, should find it here.

http://www.pdf995.com/index.html

Comment

Working...
          X