Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rowbare
    replied
    Little Machine Shop sells Warner HSS inserts and holders. After you get started, you might want to look into those as well. They would be well suited to your 1/2 hp lathe.

bob

Leave a comment:

• Boucher
    replied
    Ceramic is good

These inserts avaliable from The Carbide Depot can be used on the small cheap import tool holders and they work great.

Leave a comment:

• legendboy
    replied
    Glanze also make some decent smallish indexable tooling at reasonable prices

Leave a comment:

• bob ward
    replied
    I've bought insert holders and inserts from CTC Tools in Hong Kong and haven't been disappointed yet. Packages take a week or three to get here, postage charges are reasonable.

http://www.ctctools.biz/servlet/StoreFront

Leave a comment:

• Bryce.R
    replied
    Try Kennametal or if your looking for something cheaper try these guys http://www.mcjing.com.au/categorybro...?categoryid=25
    Iv bought indexible parting blades here they cost 30 dollars and run better in my lathe than a $200 kennametal one hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• wbleeker
    started a topic Insert tooling for Small CNC Lathe

Insert tooling for Small CNC Lathe

Over the last couple of weeks I have become the owner of an almost new, Syil
    C6B CNC Lathe, which is a Sieg C6 that has been CNC'ed by Syil.
    It is fitted with a Dickson style quick change toolholder which will do for a while
    until I learn how to work it!
    What I want to find is a set of reasonably priced insert style tool holders, which take conventional inserts, Not the cheap sets where you have to buy a full set of seven or eight inserts with massive tip radii and negative rake for a 1/2 hp lathe.
    And not overpriced like that Australian supplier!
    Will
    Looking for 1/2 inch to 5/8 shanks
    Last edited by wbleeker; 07-17-2012, 03:56 AM.
Working...
X