This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMEM help

To anyone who is a member of the HMEM forum and is able to log in would you please notify one of the administrators that there is some kind of SNAFU going on with trying to log in and or resetting one's password.
    Thanks,
    gbritnell

I can't get in either so I've sent an email.

Phil

Comment

We know about it, George.

Rick, the owner, sold the site to a group in Texas. The professionalism with which the transfer is being handled leaves a lot, a whole lot, to be desired.

I managed to connect with the new site after a lot of screwing around but now, within the last few minutes, it's arbitrarily kicked me off again.

Give it a day or two. I expect it to get worse, a lot worse, before it gets better.
      Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
      http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Comment

Hi Marv,
        I finally got an email with a new password. I was able to get in and change to another password. It took about 9 tries since trying to log in this morning.
        George

Comment

I was planning on signing up today or tomorrow to put a call out for photos of Ray HasBrouck’s engines, but looks like I might want to wait.
          George
          Traverse City, MI

Comment

You might want to rethink before you sign up to the new site.

From the new owners rules :-

6.2. By posting content on the Websites, you also grant, and warrant that you have the authority to grant, the Company a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive worldwide right and license to display, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, use, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any and all content that you post on the Websites. If you do not wish to grant Group Builder these rights, do not submit content to the Website.

Sorry deleted my profile and all bookmarks to the site

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Wow, he sold the HMEM forum? What did he sell? The membership list, the content posted there, the ad service...?
              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Okay, I’ll just get someone else to do it!

Pretty heavy handed approach; wonder how that’s going to pan out. Too bad too, it was a nice site.
                George
                Traverse City, MI

Comment

George,
                  i think a lot of the members might graduate over to the Madmodder forum. http://madmodder.net/index.php

A lot are member of both anyway.

Nice forum.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Had a PM that this group was the one that purchased them.

http://www.groupbuilder.com/about/
                    George
                    Traverse City, MI

Comment

"Group Builder also actively acquires forums and niche content websites.

Group Builder has been active in discussion forums since 2001 and has developed the knowledge of what it takes to successfully manage a community in a wide array of verticals.

If you are the owner of a forum and are open to the idea of selling please contact us. We are open to all subject matters and can offer a quick and smooth transition for both yourself and your community. In addition to a great team of community administrators we have the technical resources to handle the transfer from start to finish no matter what platform you are running on.
                      "

Is this even legal?
                      1.4. Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to or use of our Websites shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in San Marcos, Texas, USA except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate our intellectual property rights, we may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the state of Texas, USA and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts, and waive any objection to such jurisdiction or venue. Arbitration under this Agreement shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrators’ award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
                      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Bleeding Texans, should be shot

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                          I'm glad I don't happen to be bleeding at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                            Well, Austin isn't in Texas, but San Marcos is close enough

Group Builder:
                            "Through our growing portfolio we have developed a network of interconnected traffic, content, and server infrastructure."

So Group Builder apparently bought the content from the HMEM site. But you can't apply that IP ownership clause post-facto, and there are issues of explicit and implicit copyrights, third-party posts, citations from copyrighted sources, posts that are flat-out plagiarized...

Boy, this will be a barrel of monkeys!
                            Last edited by lazlo; 07-18-2012, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I'm disappointed in that operation. Rick was (may still be) a good one.
                              I just recd. an e-mail from one of the admin. about the re-doing of
                              login and told him to take care of it since I couldn't make it work.
                              Now that I hear all this I may just leave. Oh well I'm not really an
                              engine modeler anyway and this and another site (mostly are good
                              old boys in TX) will have to suffice. :-)
                              ...Lew...

Comment

Working...
                              X