Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a sad day. That site changed my life. What a shame.

I logged out of the old site, deleted the link in Favorites and blocked the Sender and Domain Name in my e-mail. Next I'll clear out any Cookies that refer to it.

Comment

"...our propriety content management system..."

Said content being provided by the forum members, who surrender all rights to said content.

Comment

Group Builder has been active in discussion forums since 2001 and has developed the knowledge of what it takes to successfully manage a community in a wide array of verticals.

Can someone explain the buzzwords please ? does that mean they are stand up guys ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Sounds like someone was given an offer he couldn't refuse eh? Alistair
          Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
            Can someone explain the buzzwords please ? does that mean they are stand up guys ?
            [/COLOR][/FONT]
            They think they know how to make money with it
            Glen
            Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
            I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
            All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Originally posted by PTSideshow
              They think they know how to make money with it
              More like lose money now, with people removing their pictures and files, and threatening to set up new 'HMEM' forums.
              He's already getting tetchy, locking and deleting posts, and winging about peoples criticisms

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Neill
                More like lose money now, with people removing their pictures and files, and threatening to set up new 'HMEM' forums.
                He's already getting tetchy, locking and deleting posts, and winging about peoples criticisms
                Nelson bought HMEM?

Evan has posted something in the last year or so about copyrite rules, and it's my understanding that original work is automaticlly under your copyrite. But I guess it doesn't much matter if I'm right or wrong.

Yeah I'd agree, it was a pretty good forum. There's been some amazing work posted there.

Pete

Comment

I think I am hearing a lot of over reacting. I think that most people would be
                  shocked to read/study the fine print on most registration pages.

And I believe that most people would be thrilled to have their projects
                  re posted or publicized. That's why they posted the pics in the first place,
                  for a justifiable gloat.

When is the last time you posted and thought .. gee I hope someone doesn't
                  copy ... or .. steal this picture .. or show it to somebody else ?

I'm talking about the normal guy ... if you are truly worried about copywrite,
                  then don't post.
                  John Titor, when are you.

Comment

HMEM help

Yes, it used to be a good site but now that will change. Someone said to give it a chance. Well when they tell ya to reset your password and the new password they send you doesn't work even after many tries that doesn't say much about the new site. I learned a lot from that site and thanks to all the helped make it a worthwhile site to go to. But like many others guess it is time to move on. Only problem move where. Any suggestions

Comment

I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who can't edit old posts there....thank goodness the pics are all photo bucket!

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver
                        I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who can't edit old posts there...
                        I bet that's why they're resetting all the passwords -- so you have to accept the Group Builder terms of service before you log back in
                        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Well I guess the owner/moderator has all the top cards and he sets and administers/enforces the rules as he sees fit.

Basically its the same here and PM - and a lot of others too I'd reckon.

Like it or lump it - it his rules or catch the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo
                            I bet that's why they're resetting all the passwords -- so you have to accept the Group Builder terms of service before you log back in
                            I reset the PW, but I can't see any way of editing a post...sort of like PM where you only have a day or so

Comment

How retrospective are those rules for ownership, copyright etc?

Comment

Not retroactive at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X