This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dp View Post
    Where did you register? Bogs is a sharp guy no matter where you find him.
    The New site which was started as an alternative to HMEM.

Comment

Here is the link modelenginemaker
      Glen
      Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
      I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
      All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Originally posted by PTSideshow View Post
        Here is the link modelenginemaker
        Hey, that's great! You guys can build up another model engineering forum, and then sell it off again. You'll get rich, one member at a time
        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

It's kind of unfortunate he's (Bogs) changed his photobucket links to remove them from HMEM as it has also removed them from MadModder.
          Last edited by dp; 07-23-2012, 01:14 PM. Reason: Clarified who I was talking about

Comment

Originally posted by dp View Post
            It's kind of unfortunate he's change his photobucket links to remove them from HMEM as it has also removed them from MadModder.
            That's a major issue I mentioned with Group Builder believing that they bought the content from HMEM: Brian, Sir John, McGyver et al cross-post their builds on several forums. But the Group Builder TOS says that by posting on HMEM you have grant them a perpetual, royalty-free right to reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, or create derivative works from. I'm pretty sure that precludes the material from ever being published for a fee, for example, in Village Press, including a Tip Book.

John: I've never heard you described as a "sulky" before -- you'd better put your links back on HMEM so Group Builder gets their money's worth
            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Yes but you can grant these privileges to any number of persons or entities.

Phil

Originally posted by lazlo View Post
              But the Group Builder TOS says that by posting on HMEM you have grant them a perpetual, royalty-free right to reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, or create derivative works from.

Comment

I think the sulky reference was made to John Moore [ bogstandard ] and not to me. Although I was a member - still am actually I don't believe I have any worthwhile content on there as I don't build models.
                In any case I host all my own pictures so can't really delete any without affecting other sites.

I like to read the site, interesting stiff on there but can't see me posting a build log any time soon.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by philbur View Post
                  Yes but you can grant these privileges to any number of persons or entities.

Phil
                  HMEM can copyright any compilations but nothing on the pages. For example if they create a coffee table album of projects you cannot reproduce any of the pages even if you own the images, but you can reproduce the images on the pages if they have not been modified (comment panels, reference tags, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
                    The New site which was started as an alternative to HMEM.
                    I was on the MEM (no H) site this morning and it looks like they're in a death match with the CNC zone for creating the most possible forum categories. They're popping up faster than summer freckles. If that keeps up I'll probably lose interest. It makes for a lot of hopping around following bunny trails just to do some casual reading and following projects in progress. CRS is bad enough already

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson View Post
                      I think the sulky reference was made to John Moore [ bogstandard ] and not to me.
                      Wow, that's pretty harsh. The few times I've been over there, Bogs seemed like a major contributor. Glad to see he's the one who set-up the new forum: wish you guys luck!

Comment

Wow, that's pretty harsh. The few times I've been over there, Bogs seemed like a major contributor. Glad to see he's the one who set-up the new forum: wish you guys luck!
                        He didn't - he just did the leg work to get the word out. The Anonymous Admin did the technicals. Bogs was a big part of HMEM, for sure and I expect that will carry over to MEM, and hopefully he will relink his stuff at MM.

Comment

Hey, that's great! You guys can build up another model engineering forum, and then sell it off again. You'll get rich, one member at a time
                          Bogs and the others, are deliberately setting up the site with many administrators to avoid that possibility in future. As I understand it Bogs is initially funding the hosting but, long term, intends the forum to be self sustaining (e.g. by donation)

Comment

Originally posted by BillTodd View Post
                            Bogs and the others, are deliberately setting up the site with many administrators to avoid that possibility in future. As I understand it Bogs is initially funding the hosting but, long term, intends the forum to be self sustaining (e.g. by donation)
                            I saw his post with plans to prevent another HMEM moment -- sounds very reasonable.

Comment

Bogs is chief moderator. The site is owned by Adrian ? forget his name.
                              Met him a while ago when he called round and bought some Edgwick faceplates, chucks and steadies off me.

http://www.modelenginemaker.com/inde...pic,164.0.html

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson View Post
                                The site is owned by Adrian ? forget his name.
                                Met him a while ago when he called round and bought some Edgwick faceplates, chucks and steadies off me.

http://www.modelenginemaker.com/inde...pic,164.0.html
                                Wow, I don't know what a "dry sump for a BMW" is, but that's gorgeous machining!

Comment

Working...
                                X