Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It LOOKS like you shot the forum in the head....... what th'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It LOOKS like you shot the forum in the head....... what th'?

OK, now we too have the ultra safe "new mother's forum" setup..... I DID see that.

But why is it defaulted to a view that requires much navigation to even SEE the other sub-forums?

I expect that there is a way to get some semblance of the old setup back, but it means another fiddly crappy session of guessing to do it.... with the possibility that choices were made by the owners that may prevent that.....

How about some form of "how to fix the forum" sticky? I don't particularly want to tiddle around figuring it out...... it may be a while before I bother, if it isn't pretty obvious..

Not that anyone will do much but breathe a sigh of relief if I go away.....

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

JT, I'm not fond of the new look either but it is what it is. Now it has the cluttered look that many other sites have. I have had to deal with so many forum sites changing their format lately that it doesn't bother me as much as it used to.
    It's only ink and paper

Comment

Much navigation? i just click Forum.

Apart from a slightly wide left ad strip, it looks/feels just like PM. Hey, maybe just make HSM a sub forum of PM!
      Last edited by lakeside53; 07-19-2012, 09:30 PM.

Comment

JT likes a bit of theater

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Just change the old bookmark to http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/forum.php

Comment

You mean that JT is a closet thespian? Grease paint and all that goes with it and all?

Hmmm-m-m-m-m

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thespian

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&gs_n...w=1920&bih=818

Comment

13,000 posts and your affinity toward it is only as thick as the colour scheme ?

imo its all squarely in the 'who cares' department, use a week or two and you'll be fine

Comment

Change bookmark to http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/forums/3-General for general. No biggie

Dan
                At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                  use a week or two and you'll be fine
                  No way. Not if those big envelope icons don't get eliminated. They overwhelm the view of any of the thread titles, and they serve no useful purpose.
                  Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

Maybe Im too focused on other things, but many of these "differences" others are seeing I am not. This reminds me of those times when she "got her hair done," or has two "different" colors.

The navigation still looks the same to me. A few slight changes to the appearance, but its still Vbulletin underneath...
                    "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Originally posted by aostling View Post
                      No way. Not if those big envelope icons don't get eliminated. They overwhelm the view of any of the thread titles, and they serve no useful purpose.
                      cripiess, you guys need a hobby

Comment

The new forum sucks. The print is microscopic and the color contrast is awful. If these can be changed, I haven't found a way. What purpose was served by this change?

Comment

There's a lot to dislike, but what I miss most is the 'first unread' feature.

Comment

The adds on the side are annoying, the new layout accomodates more addspace and more profit (why does he need the money anyway). With the old system, you could have skipped it by nagivating down with spacebar or down-arrow keys. With this new system, you can't escape the Weekly Dell Desktop Deals, and other fantastic savings that are more desireable than jesus christ himself. Praise you Dell computers, you are my salvation!

Comment

You have like 5 top of the line machine tools but yet you're here giving us attention who are bickering between us. There was a crippled gentlemen who showed his shop once (god bless him, no one deserves to be crippled), and he had a chair for the lathe. If you're tired you could just get a chair.

Comment

Working...
                              X