I really want to make one of these:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really want to make one of these:

I've gotta find plans for this "Cup and Balls Robot".
    It would be so cool, if it was made out of Brass, Aluminum, Stainless, Copper, Bronze, Steel, Etc.
    Check it out:
    Cup and Balls robot

How the heck does that work? I’m thinking there has got to be 2 or 3 balls and some deal to hold them in the cup. I want one just to rip into it and figure out what the heck makes it tick . . . my Mom always complained that even as a little kid I only wanted toys so I could take them apart.

EDIT: Oh . . . I think I have it! Little magnet in each cup and a strong magnet under the table indexing to one ball at a time.
    Last edited by C_lazy_F_Guns; 08-02-2012, 03:55 AM.
    Anybody that thinks they know it all doesn’t even know enough to understand they know nothing!
    Andy

Comment

Originally posted by C_lazy_F_Guns View Post
      EDIT: Oh . . . I think I have it! Little magnet in each cup and a strong magnet under the table indexing to one ball at a time.
      Think that's right, if you watch closely, you can see an arm or two do a sideways 'jerk' that would correspond to the under table magnet moving away from, or towards it

Comment

That is an awesome automaton! If anyone finds plans please post the link.

Comment

Working...
        X