Got my Gerstner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Gerstner!

The gentleman honored his word & called me last night & I picked up my W-26 Machinist box last night. He special ordered it in 1982. It has a couple small dings but is in super shape for being 30 years old. He works for the same cpmany & has been in sales for over 10 years so it's been sitting. I'll polish it up as it's made from some very nice walnut. This was his last item to go. He sold the tooling years ago & called it his baby, I was so happy I have him $160 instead of the $150 he asked. My wife wanted to buy me one for for our 31st anniv but I told her my skil level doesn't deserve a fine box like these. Glad I waited because of the walnut & the deal. I have the machines, instraments & a fine Gertsner. Now I need the skillset & someday I can be a talented craftsman like most of you. Glad I found this forum!
    Last edited by flylo; 08-28-2012, 11:17 AM.

To all other members. We need to institute an intervention and relieve flyo of all his gloats. That's the only way we can put a stop to this.

Comment

Where does it say "Gloat"? I'm just sharing with friends!

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
        Where does it say "Gloat"? I'm just sharing with friends!
        One man's sharing is another man's gloat. We still need an intervention.

Comment

My Mom told me it is always nice to share.

Comment

Fantastic! It looks very nice. Enjoy it.
            Paul A.
            SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
            You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Nice box!! A beauty!!

Flylo has the record for "You Suck" , postings, now the guy is getting addicted to collecting boxes too! Lol

Congrats on a nice find!!

Comment

I 2nd. This highly addictive,marriage ending disease has to b treated. I myself am a tool a holic and know the signs when i see them.

Comment

Let's listen to his Mom. We can convoy over there with trucks and trailers and he can share his toys with the rest of us!
                  Kansas City area

Comment

I always share! Coffee, advice, meals, & hot lead only when I have to. And I'll intro you to my new pet. Gunne Von Gattlin & I didn't even name him. LOL!

Comment

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...229057888.html

325 down to 200 and still coming down.

--G

Comment

That is awesome!!!

Comment

If you can get that oak one for $200 I'd jump on that. Even refinshed that has some nuce qtr sawn in it!

Comment

Is it ok for one man to say to another man......nice box?
                            Nice box Eric!
                            I have my grandfathers from his days as a machinist at Bendix.It still has his gate pass from 1937 and everything.It is one of my most cherished items.

Comment

That's awesome to have something that special! I bought all the Thermal Spray coating equipment both wire & powder systems that were used at Bendix.10 guns. lathe mounts. 2 wire feeders,2 powder shakers,50 plus powdwers, a skid of assorted wire. & about 2 gallons + of Tungsten Carbide granules. Heavier than gold. 2 pickup, 1 trailer & 1 van load.
                              On boxes I picked up a pre '40 snap on & a pre '40 Kennedy machinest box both full. Haven't gone thru them but saw some neat items. Saving those for winter blizzard show & tell! Gotta keep Dr Stan happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X