Flylo's Hanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flylo's Hanger

I am sure I am not the only one on here that would like to see a picture of your shop/hanger/whearhouse.

Lets see some pictures of all these goodies you have been collecting. Not individual pictures of each machine. More of a family portrait.

It would be interesting to see how you fit all the stuff you have collected into a hanger. Unless it is for a 747!
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Second that!!

Comment

I would imagine it's quite impressive if not a little crowded

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Great Suggestion!! I'd be interested in seeing this too!

Comment

Yes, howzabout it Flylo??
          Mike

My Dad always said, "If you want people to do things for you on the farm, you have to buy a machine they can sit on that does most of the work."

Comment

OK But in wont be today as I went to an auction which I never do & am hurting like crazy. Got some goodies though like a 12" Rohm 4 jaw with a camlock back $20. It will be several pics I'm sure but I'll get to it.
            "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
            world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
            country, in easy stages."
            ~ James Madison

Comment

I saw it last year and it was pretty full then. Probably even fuller now. I want my wife to see it so she won't feel so bad about my full shops.

Brian
              OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Not bad enough to bring her over or my vises. Yes it's fuller that last year & the quality's gone up also.
                ~ James Madison

Comment

Subscribed!!!! Can't wait to see it!

Comment

Im actually at the point that i think its a hollowed out volcano somewhere in the Pacific, akin to a James Bond movie!
                    if not then its gonna be just as impressive to metal bashers as volcanoes are to megalomaniacs!
                    I have to see the collection even though it will make me sad
                    mark

Comment

I think George needs to make this a "sticky" so we can easily check on flyo's latest acquisition.

Comment

i feel akin to flylo but i only have a 21x21' garage
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/csprecision

Comment

I'd like to see his hangar, not his hanger!

Comment

Originally posted by legendboy View Post
                            i feel akin to flylo but i only have a 21x21' garage
                            Don't worry, I started in a 16'x24'. When you figure out you can buy something then double+ your money it get's addicting fast. When I was 16 my best friends dad & I did this every weekend. We called it trading & had about 25 guys we did this with. I could make more on sunday than at my job & it was fun. Always loved it & it supported my hobbys, motocross, skydiving, scuba,etc. I'll trade or buy anything legal & moral. But I do enjoy tools,planes,guns,etc. I guess trading has been by longest running hobby yet. Wife & I had a discussion about it last night. Me for, her against & it's because she thinks I'll hurt myself. But as I told her I've always done it & always will. I always have an eye & ear out for a deal & I'm not afraid to go ask if somethings for sale & always ask what else do you have. Two things, you must know what something is worth & you must pull the trigger now on a good deal. You can't wait, research it to death,etc. If it's worth at least double buy it now & go get it now. Used to be a mans word was his bond, not so with some. I see it on craigslist alot. Someone will offer the seller a few dollars more & get it, even after you've struck a deal. My word is worth much more than that. My Dad who was totally different from me told me I could have anything I want if I work for it. I don't mean to bore you guys when I show you wat I get & really I'm not bragging as I don't show 1/4 of it, I just some of the interesting things. I wake up Thankful every day expecting a deal or 3. I'm a Blessed man to be having this much fun! Sorry for the rant!
                            Last edited by flylo; 09-09-2012, 09:33 AM.
                            ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
                              Don't worry, I started in a 16'x24'. When you figure out you can buy something then double+ your money it get's addicting fast. When I was 16 my best friends dad & I did this every weekend. We called it trading & had about 25 guys we did this with. I could make more on sunday than at my job & it was fun. Always loved it & it supported my hobbys, motocross, skydiving, scuba,etc. I'll trade or buy anything legal & moral. But I do enjoy tools,planes,guns,etc. I guess trading has been by longest running hobby yet. Wife & I had a discussion about it last night. Me for, her against & it's because she thinks I'll hurt myself. But as I told her I've always done it & always will. I always have an eye & ear out for a deal & I'm not afraid to go ask if somethings for sale & always ask what else do you have. Two things, you must know what something is worth & you must pull the trigger now on a good deal. You can't wait, research it to death,etc. If it's worth at least double buy it now & go get it now. Used to be a mans word was his bond, not so with some. I see it on craigslist alot. Someone will offer the seller a few dollars more & get it, even after you've struck a deal. My word is worth much more than that. My Dad who was totally different from me told me I could have anything I want if I work for it. I don't mean to bore you guys when I show you wat I get & really I'm not bragging as I don't show 1/4 of it, I just some of the interesting things. I wake up Thankful every day expecting a deal or 3. I'm a Blessed man to be having this much fun! Sorry for the rant!

Bla Bla Bla.......we want pictures!
                              How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X