Moody Lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moody Lathe

This lathe belongs to a friend. He would be interested to know a little about it.

To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Has a strong resemblance to a South Bend 9c, especially the carriage.

Comment

George - when I saw the topic, I thought your lathe was having mood swings

Never heard of that company but it sure does look like a South Bend clone. I wonder if it was manufactured under licence from S.B.?

Comment

I'll betcha it is a lot more lathe than some of the imported stuff!

Comment

I would ask the manufacturer. They are still in business.

http://www.industries-moody.com/

251 St Louis,
          Terrebonne, QC
          J6W 1H5
          450-471-3711
          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Is that long gray thing in the chip tray under the carriage one of those special adjustable wrenches used on lathes in Canada?

Roger
            Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Man, that Moody website is aggravating! The links / drop down menus at the top MOVE from right to left, making it a pain in the butt to click on the one you want.
              A nice feature to avoid if you're designing your own website.
              bbfmetalworking

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bbfmetalworking:
                Man, that Moody website is aggravating! The links / drop down menus at the top MOVE from right to left, making it a pain in the butt to click on the one you want.
                A nice feature to avoid if you're designing your own website.
                </font>

Your right about that. I tried a search on Matthew Moody and Sons but didn't come up with much. The info that I did find is about there wood working machines.
                To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Comment

When I was at the machine show last year in Toronto, there was a machine that looked exactly like my SB9, except it was painted an off white and had chrome everything else. Well I couldn't just walk by without asking about it, and the fellow there said it was made in Quebec.
                  Jim
                  Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X