Down for Maintenance this Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down for Maintenance this Weekend

This weekend, our company will once again be doing maintenance on our servers, requiring the shutdown of the entire company system, this board include. We’ve had a lot of outages and problems due to IT work this summer, but I’m told this is the last of it. We’ll see…

The outages are planned for Saturday from 8am to 5pm and Sunday from 12pm to 8pm. Times are Eastern Daylight Savings (GMT - 4). Past experience has shown that these times are not set in stone.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    George
    Traverse City, MI

Thank you for the heads up George!

Comment

And I will completely forget that you told us this and stare dumbfounded at the screen when it doesn't work.

Thanks, George.
      Definition: Racecar - a device that turns money into noise.

Comment

This will be a good time for us to go to the shop and actually make chips
        Thanks George(and to VP) for your efforts!

Comment

Originally posted by George Bulliss View Post
          We’ve had a lot of outages and problems due to IT work this summer, but I’m told this is the last of it. We’ll see…
          I go to several forums, HSM has a huge problem with outages, hopefully this will help.

Comment

We've been having forum outages?

Oh wait. I do non computer stuff on weekends.

Comment

The outages of the last few weekends have been caused by IT moving new servers into the system and have not been directly related to the BBS. We just end up as collateral damage as the work is done. I’m hopeful as well that this will be the end of it for a while.

Looks like it’s going to be a cold and rainy weekend and other than moving my winter supply of wood into the garage, I have no chores planned. My daughter has been after me to make a whistle in the shop and I’m going to get the tools and materials in place tonight so she won’t have to sit through the boring stuff tomorrow. Having the site down might actually be kind of nice.
              George
              Traverse City, MI

Comment

I guess I can finally go get that nail removed from my wifes spare tire. After that I'll see what I can figure out about finishing the install on retro CNC kit to my "new" mill.

Again thanks and you guys do a great job,
                Ken

Comment

You would not consider having a backup board for the ones of us that are thoroughly addicted?
                  mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

I do believe Sasquatch has or had a link for Airsmiths forum.

Pete

Comment

We could probably use a good laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle pete View Post
                        I do believe Sasquatch has or had a link for Airsmiths forum.

Pete
                        For some time Airsmith has been just one good friend away from having a happy experience in this group. I admire his resilience and his self-education progress. He's worked around his various misunderstandings to create a very popular YouTube presence and he is making parts. He ain't giving up. I wish him well.

Comment

Working...
                        X