Question please:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question please:

Combined drill and countersinks,,, Why do they come also in left hand ?

Thanks.

Many multiple spindle drilling machines use gears between the spindles so some spindles turn opposite directions. I imagine some other machines may do that also.
    Don Young

Comment

Thanks Don, i couldn,t think of any other reason than that.

Comment

We have a couple of gang drilling machines at work that are like that- every second drill bit turns in the opposite direction.
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Not everyone in the world is right handed. Us left handed people drill holes also.
          How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
            Not everyone in the world is right handed. Us left handed people drill holes also.
            Yep, the left hand drill is especially useful when drilling holes to be tapped with left hand threads
            Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

I threw out my left handed drills, every time I used them the holes got smaller and filled up with metal

Richard

Comment

Those are the drill bits they use south of the equator.
                Andy

Comment

I have a couple of them that I acquired somewhere. They are my "go to" tools for removing broken bolts and studs.

Comment

Originally posted by vpt View Post
                    Those are the drill bits they use south of the equator.
                    Ya beat me to it.

Comment

Left hand drills are preferred by democrats. Those who live south of the equator drill from the downside up.

Comment

Just so I don't get them mixed up, I keep my left hand drill bits with my metric crescent wrenches.
                        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Working...
                        X