Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

Sorry if this has been posted before. I got such a kick out of it I decided to re-post it here...

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Three to correct spelling/grammar errors.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb."

Another six to condemn those six as stupid.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.

Eleven to defend the posting to the forum saying that we all use light bulbs, therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this forum, which makes light bulbs relevant to this forum.

Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety, including all headers and signatures, only to add "Me, too."

Seven to post that moderators favor one brand of lightbulbs over another.

Five to post to the forum that they will no longer post, because they cannot handle the drama.

Four to say, "Didn't we go through this already, a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say, "Do a forum search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."

Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a light bulb.

Last, but not least...

One lurker to respond to the original post six months from now with something unrelated and start it all over again

Or... one moderator to close the thread because the argument is becoming too volatile and the politics of any lighting should not be discussed.

Comment

Just recently read the commenst from this and cracked pretty hard: http://clientsfromhell.net/post/2059...in-a-lightbulb

Sadly, there is no joke in those comments, they reflect what a lot of designers/freelancers/web gurus/IT people have to go through...daily
      Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

You missed one. The wikipedia links.
        "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
        world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
        country, in easy stages."
        ~ James Madison

Comment

I thought light-bulbs were obsolete and LED's had replaced them all

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by Fasttrack View Post
            Sorry if this has been posted before. I got such a kick out of it I decided to re-post it here...

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Three to correct spelling/grammar errors.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb."

Another six to condemn those six as stupid.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.

Eleven to defend the posting to the forum saying that we all use light bulbs, therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this forum, which makes light bulbs relevant to this forum.

Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety, including all headers and signatures, only to add "Me, too."

Seven to post that moderators favor one brand of lightbulbs over another.

Five to post to the forum that they will no longer post, because they cannot handle the drama.

Four to say, "Didn't we go through this already, a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say, "Do a forum search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."

Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a light bulb.

Last, but not least...

One lurker to respond to the original post six months from now with something unrelated and start it all over again

Comment

So which is better, the screw in or bayonet type light sockets?

Comment

Don't forget a reference to another forum which of course is much better than HSM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Artful Bodger View Post
                  So which is better, the screw in or bayonet type light sockets?

Which size of screw in?

Comment

Errr..... E27.... is that the common household size?

Comment

But does the light bulb WANT to be changed, it could be quite happy as it is?
                      Or is that how many Psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?
                      Mark

Comment

At least I always try and post a picture of a light bulb.
                        ...And usually have something that pisses me off about light bulbs.
                        Aw man! I'm out of raisin bran. What the hell?
                        Hey, It's almost 5 o'clock.
                        I got beer!
                        --Doozer
                        Last edited by Doozer; 10-04-2012, 05:58 PM.
                        DZER

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
                          You missed one. The wikipedia links.
                          It's actually tiffiepedia....................

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

What is the pitch of the thread on a light blub and what is the thread form ? Just to keep this as a machining topic.
                            Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
                            http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
                            http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

Yeah, that's typical - the OP just says "lightbulb" when it could be any of a hundred different types, e.g. street lighting takes a truck with a man-lift and a man, how do we factor that in? Changing a big sodium light in a high bay requires skill and equipment, perhaps we should be asking "how many forum member hour-equivalents?" It's all too typical - we need more info before we can help!
                              Thanks.
                              Last edited by Peter S; 10-04-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X