Mad git and a ballon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad git and a ballon

Felix wants to break the sound barrier, without a plane!, jump in about an hour from Roswell [how appropriate]
    mark
    http://www.redbullstratos.com/live/

He has also promised his wife that this is the very last time he will do something stupid and after this he will settle down. That may well be true when he is pushing up daisies.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Thanks for this link. I used to skydive & loved it! Nothing like it & no they were not perfectly good planes, thewere pretty rough. LOL Still have my gear.
      "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
      world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
      country, in easy stages."
      ~ James Madison

Comment

no they were not perfectly good planes...

Heh. I still ain't jumping out of one that can still fly.

Ever watched the videos of Pilatus Porters with the prop in beta following the divers straight down? Look it up on utube. Those pilots are crazier than the jumpers.
        Last edited by Evan; 10-09-2012, 02:31 PM.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Scrubbed - too much wind.

Comment

Nothing like it, Better than sex & lasts longer too! LOL
            "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
            world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
            country, in easy stages."
            ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by dp View Post
              Scrubbed - too much wind.

Probably the reheated beans

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson View Post
                Probably the reheated beans
                Sounds plausible. After all, He is trapped in a pressure suit with his, um, ...
                Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
                ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

I hadnt heard of this until I saw this thread, and honestly this takes me back. When I was a child, my father had some business dealings with Clifton McClure of Project Manhigh fame. I remember being a kid who thought he was very much into (and knew everything about) science/technology, dreaming of being an astronaut, and one day my dad introduces me to this kind old gentleman who told phenomenal stories about the pre-NASA days and had some very interesting black and white movies of high altitude balloon flights, "space" jumps, and other crazy experiments to share. Despite my being rather young, he never once ignored a question I asked or shoo-ed me away, but encouraged all of my curiosities and is one of the big reasons that today I am an engineer. He honestly became one of my heroes.

Hopefully somewhere up in heaven, all those who worked on these projects are looking down on the current attempt and chanting "go baby go!"
                  "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Been done already as part of "Project Manhigh".

Can't remember the mans name but he left his mic open on the way down. All the ground crew could hear was $#!+, $#!+, $#!+, $#!+ for the whole time it took him to get down.
                    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Working...
                    X