North Korea Declares Machine a National Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Korea Declares Machine a National Hero

The authoritarian Communist country's official news service announced that "Lathe No. 26" had received the title "labor hero of the DPRK" (Democratic People's Republic of Korea) and the "First Class of the Order of National Flag."

Link:
    http://www.technewsdaily.com/8227-no...hine-hero.html

Thomas

Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back
    - Piet Hein

Which brings to mind the old familiar question.
    Does the lathe want a medal?
    Or a chest to pin it on?

Comment

A comment on the mental health of that countries leadership.
      The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Oh, just great.

Now MY lathe (and possibly yours too!!) will expect something also!! And it won't just settle for the same old N. Korean hero thing. Something really special will be required to get any semblance of tolerable work from it again........

Any ideas??

Comment

Well I had lathe No 25 and believe me it was nothing to write home about

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I rather gathered that the renowned BP mill had exceeded the status and esteem of the NK lathe on a continuous basis for the last 1,000 years - at least.

I believe the BP has been elevated to Diety (God like) status by its "true believers" and disciples.

Comment

Originally posted by loose nut View Post
              A comment on the mental health of that countries leadership.
              Or at least his hair-do

Anyone morbidly curious what lathe it is?
              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

I was expecting a link to the Onion, but given the serious "wack job" nature of the North Korean government I guess anything is possible.

Comment

Now that really is wacko.........hmmmm.... makes me think...

BTW, Lathe 26 is a South Bend 9inch.
                  Last edited by The Artful Bodger; 10-11-2012, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo View Post
                    Or at least his hair-do

Anyone morbidly curious what lathe it is?
                    Dear Leader has died, his son has a fairly normal hairdo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Artful Bodger View Post
                      Now that really is wacko.........hmmmm.... makes me think...

BTW, Lathe 26 is a South Bend 9inch.
                      Good catch, but the folks who publish Time magazine are not a great deal different that the N. Korean leaders in many ways.

Comment

According to the link it was converted to CNC.

Screw the rest of the story I want to see the conversion.
                        "The Administration does not support blowing up planets." --- Finally some SENSIBLE policy from the Gov!

Comment

They are like Winchesters - instead of 1 in 1000, it's 1 in 26...

Comment

Originally posted by Grind Hard View Post
                            According to the link it was converted to CNC.

Screw the rest of the story I want to see the conversion.
                            North Korea is making quite an effort to bring CNC machines to market and have been building them for some years, but I dont think this is the place to discuss North Korean trade goods.
                            Last edited by The Artful Bodger; 10-11-2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtiffie View Post
                              I rather gathered that the renowned BP mill had exceeded the status and esteem of the NK lathe on a continuous basis for the last 1,000 years - at least.

I believe the BP has been elevated to Diety (God like) status by its "true believers" and disciples.
                              In North Korea, that can not be so. The leader of said country has established himself as god, there can be no other.

Comment

Working...
                              X