[Shop]Another Aveos Aviation Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Shop]Another Aveos Aviation Auction

Listing for an upcoming two day auction in Dorval, Quebec (10/24 - 10/25).
    Settle in with a beverage, there are almost 1,300 lots to scan.

Too far away for me, but Sweet Sophia, I expect someone to get a deal or two.
    Duffy, isn't this location nearish to you?

This is yet another auction for the dispersal of the assets of the aviation engine
    service and test facilities of Aveos.

If you ever wanted to upgrade to Rousseau and/or Lista cabinets, now would
    be the time (ex: lots 1012-1024 & others).

Need a lift cart (lots 1099-1108)?

Hardinge HLV-Em lathe (lots 315 & 535)?

Clausing Gear Head Drill Press (lot 1067)?

Last edited by EddyCurr; 10-10-2012, 06:30 PM.

Wish it was closer!
    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
    country, in easy stages."
    ~ James Madison

Comment

Add the 15% Buyer's Premium (18% for offsite bidders) and bargains might not be as good.

What is the situation with sales tax or its equivalent in Canada? In the US it varies by state, and many auctioneers add it as rote whether the state requires it for one time sales or not, further adding to the cost after the hammer falls.
      Jim H.

Comment

Knowing the current street value of an item, along with how to factor the bid price
        so as to arrive at your net cost are fundamental to participating in auctions.

Previewing is essential. Usually the site is open to visitors one or two days before
        a sale. Register, get a copy of the Lot List and tour the lots to see first hand and
        verify description/condition. Make notes in the Lot Listing beside each item, ex:
        Brand, Model, Serial, capacities & ect. Jot down a max price while previewing
        or later after researching further.

Review the auctioneer's terms & conditions. Bidder fee $$ ? Load fee (in the case
        of larger items.) Time for removal and so on.

Savvy auction participants take all the above into consideration during bidding. If
        the post-sale fees tally 20%, then on an item with a street value of $1,000, they
        know to stop when the price gets to about $840.

Comment

Eddy, Dorval is about 90 minutes by car. Unfortunately, I THINK that I have pretty much everything that I really need.
          Jim, the taxes are simple:- they will add 13% HST(harmonized sales tax,) on your bid including the buyers premium. So, if your winning bid was $1000.00, add $150.00 buyer's premium and THEN $149.50 HST for a total of $1299.50. You WILL be able to take it back home duty-free, (unless t is some European stuff,) but today the exchange rate was about $0.98 so you loose AGAIN. It just aint Fair!
          Duffy, Gatineau, Quebec

Comment

As aircraft are involved/listed, I'd have thought that it would be a good idea to check the registration and maintenance records - all correctly "signed off" as well as the air-worthiness papers.

Comment

Sigh.... I just threw up in my mouth again....

Another couple of hundred highly paid jobs vaporized because of horrible management.

A lot of machinery at the Aveos auctions last month went fairly cheap. The stuff listed here is top quality, i just want to slap some politicians silly for allowing this to happen.
              Air Canada wants to ship all their maintenance offshore so the quarterly profits look good at the expense of our safety.
              Bite me you wankers.

Jesus there is some nice stuff at this auction, you Easteners are going to have a field day...

Comment

That hangar must be nearly full anyhow.
                Michael

Comment

Originally posted by morehelium View Post
                  Sigh.... I just threw up in my mouth again....

Another couple of hundred highly paid jobs vaporized because of horrible management.

A lot of machinery at the Aveos auctions last month went fairly cheap. The stuff listed here
                  is top quality, I just want to slap some politicians silly for allowing this to happen.

Air Canada wants to ship all their maintenance offshore so the quarterly profits look good at
                  the expense of our safety. Bite me you wankers.

Jesus there is some nice stuff at this auction, you Easteners are going to have a field day...
                  Who says nobody listens.

On Maynards listing for the sale
                  "Details
                  As per instructions from Aveos and The Superior Court of Quebec under the CCAA Act,
                  the auction sale (Oct 24-25, 2012) has been postponed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
                  Please check back for Aveos auction sale updates."

Comment

Working...
                  X