OT replying to posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT replying to posts

Is there any way to know which posts you've posted to, like on the PM site you get a little green thing showing that you've replied to a post.

Click on your name in your first post, then click "View Forum Posts." This open a list of them.
    "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Originally posted by duckman View Post
      Is there any way to know which posts you've posted to, like on the PM site you get a little green thing showing that you've replied to a post.
      I see a green circle with a check to the right of the word "views" for threads i've posted to.

Comment

OK I replied to post and was named as last to reply, do not see any green thing showing that I'd replied to a thread, what gives.

Comment

here's what i see....start going through the settings?

Comment

OK Mcgyver I see your screen shot and the green thing but it never shows on my screen, so what is going wrong?

Comment

Although the option to display threads-posted-in is turned on in the board settings, we lost the graphic notice when IT reworked the status envelopes seen at the left of the thread title.

What Mcgyver is seeing is the thread subscription notice, which should work as an alternative.

To set it up, go to General Settings/Default Thread Subscription Mode and select From My Control Panel Only in the menu options.

This should do the trick, I think.
              George
              Traverse City, MI

Comment

Duckman,

I went ahead and made the change for you. You can change it back yourself by going to your settings page or just give me a shout. This should work on all of your posts from here forward, but will not show for posts made prior to the change.
                George
                Traverse City, MI

Comment

Thanks George that's just what I wanted, didn't know how to do.
                  Last edited by duckman; 10-18-2012, 08:12 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

that works
                    Ernie (VE7ERN)

May the wind be always at your back

Comment

Duckman,

Thanks for bringing this up. I have changed my settings and will like being to be able to see what threads I have replied to again.

Also thanks George for the instructions.

Now to hit "quick reply" and see if it works.
                      Brian
                      OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Had the same problem, see if this works.

Comment

Working...
                        X