Ebay rip off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay rip off!

Been watching a chuck that just ended. I bid the opening bid with about 1 minute to go then entered a 2nd bid. Both bids showed up, then the auction ended & showed no bids so I called Ebay & was told the seller cancelled all bids & relisted it & the can't do anything about it. I never had this happen before.

There are always a few snakes on ebay. What kind of history did they have? Especially, how many feedback?

Finest regards,

doug

Comment

mbnelt has 1014 & I have 848 all positive. The way ebay talked they had done it before. I planned on buying several items but guess I won't.

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
        ... so I called Ebay & was told the seller cancelled all bids & relisted it ...
        What is the new eBay Item Number?

Comment

Is this it?
          290798369756 - Reid 618 HA Surface Grinder with Magnetic Chuck 6" x 18"

Oops: that chuck comes with a surface grinder attached.

Comment

Ebay told me it was relisted but it's not. It's weird because it's marked sold but when you click on it it shows no bids. Original # 290795243065 I've e-mailed the seller twice.

Comment

Not everybody has a good heart like flylo. Writem a bad feedback or we can all prob write one if you can without buying something.

Comment

I'm not going to worry about it, I just didn't think they could retract an item so close to the end of an auction. Just poor business IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
                  I'm not going to worry about it, I just didn't think they could retract an item so close to the end of an auction. Just poor business IMHO.
                  I had someone do that to me also. I wanted to buy a video camera. I asked on a forum for editors using the same software that I use. One of the editors said he had a camera that would suit me. He said he would list it on Ebay. He did and had a starting bid amount. No buy it now possibility. I bid and informed him so via the forum. I was the only bidder and one hour before the auction was up it was delisted. I contacted him via PM on the forum and he said it was not bringing enough money. I told him to list it as a Buy it Now item. He did. He listed it for much more money than what we talked about on the PM on the forum. I told him he could keep the camera. So he relisted it for what we talked about and I bought the camera. I wanted it for my daughter for a school project. She is happy with the camera.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I've e-mail twice with no response & was going to buy more so I guess it's his loss.

Comment

I have the opposite problem.
                      I sell stuff on Ebay and sometimes have to wait 5-10 days, and send multiple invoices, before receiving payment from some deadbeats.
                      If someone bids on something, Shouldn't they be able to pay for it as well?

Comment

I'd be curious enough to watch the other items...2 have single bids right now and "close" in about a day and 4 hours...see if they too disappear.

Know it has happened to me a couple of times locally, respond and get initial reply then before viewing can be arranged, "oops, sorry, decided not to sell", translation: not enough interest to get what they think it was worth

Comment

I bought a Mighty Comet 3HP mill a week ago & can't pay or pick it up till next week because the seller is gone. I had to e-mail him several times before a response. I thought he was going to back out because it went cheap, but he finally contacted me. I really didn't mean to buy it, I just stuck a stupid low bid in at the end & won it by $1.90.

Comment

Just wanted to see if he'd do it again or if he had me blocked so I bought a mic & 2 calipers for $8.00 & it went thru.

Comment

Still there on my search !
                              3 days to go starting at $300
                              http://www.ebay.com/itm/290798369756...756%26_rdc%3D1

Comment

Working...
                              X