New Log-Splitter video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Log-Splitter video

Here's the latest, greatest, home-build Log Splitter design for you Northerners in cold weather type areas.
    Redneck Log Splitter

That's actually kind of clever!

Comment

That kind of log splitter creates too much waste and inconsistent splits. They are nothing new as a concept. There are commercial versions available.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Y' think y'v seem em all, then another one comes along.
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Now this firewood processor gets me excited. I have wanted to build an attachment for my excavator for a long time. My excavator is only a 5 ton unit and doesn't have quite enough oil flow to run a processor efficiently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpsM...eature=related

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
            Now this firewood processor gets me excited. I have wanted to build an attachment for my excavator for a long time. My excavator is only a 5 ton unit and doesn't have quite enough oil flow to run a processor efficiently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpsM...eature=related
            Ah, Finnish quality <3
            Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

I'd like to see it with a chunk of 6" oak, it looks like he's cutting wimpy wood.

Comment

All I can see is a hand getting caught in there.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                  All I can see is a hand getting caught in there.

Bill
                  Thats all I could see.very dangerous.

Comment

I've seen those in action before and don't care for them.
                    I find them dangerous because they are not easily or quickly stopped, unlike a hyd. cylinder, and they have a tendency to grab gloves and lose clothing that is often worn during splitting.
                    These issues can be controlled to some extent but I find the big drawback to be that they waste a lot of wood because they tend to shatter the wood rather than split it along the grain.
                    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

The cone one is very dangerous. The one on the backhoe looks great!

Comment

Working...
                      X