This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM down again?

or is it just me? I just get "database error" - for over 24 hours.

oh crap. I was just about to go ask about whether I should buy some chinese or american machines.

Comment

Seriously, is there really any reason for this thread on the HSM forum? If its down those that participate on the PM will be aware there is a problem. For those of us who do not, it really does not matter.

Comment

I noticed that PM seemed slow this morning, but it is working Ok now, as far as I can see, faster, too.

Originally posted by Dr Stan View Post
        Seriously, is there really any reason for this thread on the HSM forum? If its down those that participate on the PM will be aware there is a problem. For those of us who do not, it really does not matter.
        Burn this library!

Whatever is in it that is in agreement with the Q'uran is superfluous, and whatever in it that does not agree with the Q'uran is worthy of destruction!

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Stan View Post
          Many of us swing both ways!

Easy way to see if it's my connection or Pm's is to ask a few swingers. Guess you're not one of those

Comment

Thanks Jerry. Wierd it's not working for me.. and after a reboot.

Comment

it's down for me also .

Comment

Ha.. maybe it's just Washington. We've been banned from PM for passing the Gay Marriage and Marijuana referendums.

Comment

Originally posted by lakeside53 View Post
                  Ha.. maybe it's just Washington. We've been banned from PM for passing the Gay Marriage and Marijuana referendums.
                  Hmm - I'm in Washington, and I was banned... coincidence? Nah - they're not particularly right-wing friendly there. I'm pretty sure the marriage and maryjane referendums would be welcomed. Though I am in favor of both... Maybe it is Washington!

Comment

Nothing gained nothing lost that place has been for me 5ys. Only one reason to get
                    in which I can not is, there is a member in there that has a lathe like mine and it seems
                    we are the only two on the planet that has one, and I just want to talk with him but its
                    a no can do so if the site wants to be snobish the hell with em.
                    Last edited by big job; 11-10-2012, 06:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by dp View Post
                      Hmm - I'm in Washington, and I was banned... coincidence? Nah - they're not particularly right-wing friendly there. I'm pretty sure the marriage and maryjane referendums would be welcomed. Though I am in favor of both... Maybe it is Washington!
                      Well, I certainly feel honored to be included in such esteemed and distinguished company!

Maybe we could form a club, the DSGMBPMLIWASS.

(Dope Smoking, Gay Marriage, Banned from Practical Machinist, Living In Washington, Asso)

Or maybe we would rather be a Coalition rather than Asso's?

Dave

Comment

They changed some stuff on the site that's causing the error. I was getting the 502 error with Mozilla Firefox but not with other browsers and ended up deleting the Practical Machinist cookie from the browser to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by becksmachine View Post
                          Well, I certainly feel honored to be included in such esteemed and distinguished company!

(Dope Smoking, Gay Marriage, Banned from Practical Machinist, Living In Washington, Asso)

Dave
                          I like that. Let me know when it is formed so I can join.

BTW, I still have access under a different name.

Comment

Originally posted by lakeside53 View Post
                            Given the attitude of some of the members there I wouldn't put it past them.

"Can't have no pot-smoking rainbow-pride-ers in MY shop! I don't want none of that tolerance and progressive thinking anywhere NEAR me, 'cause it means I might have to CHANGE."

PM is ok, they take things way too seriously over there at times and they hold a grudge.

THIS forum, we take swings at each other and we're back making nice two threads later.
                            "The Administration does not support blowing up planets." --- Finally some SENSIBLE policy from the Gov!

Comment

Originally posted by becksmachine View Post

Dave
                              Whenever PM is down I try to remember to check in here but forgot this time, until now. Beck, you were banned for something like 5 days back when you kept posting a "hey everybody, look at this !" thread about a Cazeneuve lathe that was on eBay while the auction was still going on.

It's generally known to be bad form to post about desirable machines at auction on PM before the auction ends, so I deleted your posts and kept deleting them as you reposted and finally had no choice but to ban you for the period of the auction just to keep your from advertising to everyone on earth with an internet connection about that lathe (thus unnecessarily running the price up for those that did their due diligence)

But as I said, it was a very short temporary ban and labeled clearly as such if you tried to post, so it's beyond me why you think you were permanently banned. I just checked to make sure, and you are still registered in good standing and very much not banned.

Comment

Working...
                              X