I bought another mill today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought another mill today!

No pictures so no gloat. I know the rules. But this is a really nice manual mill made by Wanderer. It weighs nearly 5 tons. It comes with all the tooling I will need including a big rotary table that is both vertical and horizontal. The spindle takes SK50 tooling. Lots of big carbide insert tooling. Monday I will call the rigger and have him go get it.

One problem is how to get it in my shop. The truck with the crane heavy enough to pick up the mill I don't think will go through my entrance into my shop. I might have to put it on a skid and push or drag it in the shop.

I don't really need the mill but at around 900 dollars it was cheap enough that I could not resist. The rotary table is worth that alone.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Oh Oh!! This is Bad!!

Another one now addicted,, well, at least you and Flylo aren't fighting over the same tool picking territory! Lol

Comment

Hurry up & get a picture, it sounds great! Let me be the 1st to say YOU SUCK! And I really mean it, subject to a picture of course.
      "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
      world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
      country, in easy stages."
      ~ James Madison

Comment

I guess Germany needs its own Flylo.
        Then again even Flylo does not have a CNC sheep shearing machine. Yet.

Very cool, BTW.

Comment

I don't even have a sheep!
          ~ James Madison

Comment

$900 !?! Ditto's on the you suck portion...great find, congrats.

Comment

Nice grab. You suck!! Be careful telling Tool-A-Holics like flylo and i that we adont have a certain tool because it makes us look for one lol Evidence of this has been seen in the past lol

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
                My brother just slaughtered the half dozen or so he had...had we known you were in the market I am sure a steal couldve been arranged...
                "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

I knew a guy who got intimately involved with a sheep,,,it was a Baaaaaa d breakup!

He took a real "fleecing" in the divorce!

Comment

Bet no one pulled the wool over his eyes!
                    ~ James Madison

Comment

Have you noticed as you get older the sheep get better looking ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson View Post
                        Have you noticed as you get older the sheep get better looking ?
                        Has more to do with the guy getting old and more desperate and the number of beers he has had.
                        The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
                          Somehow I suspect that lack of sheep would not stop you from buying a CNC sheep shearing machine if the price was right!

(Don't mind me, I'm just a bit jealous...)

Comment

Now how many tons is that you are going to have over the guest bedrooms?

Comment

Flylo wouldn't have the space to fit it into .
                              As for the sheep looking better as you get older just keep a look out for anyone that is wearing velcro gloves , they make sheep very nervous .
                              Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X