Atlas 7b shaper, gloat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlas 7b shaper, gloat!

I recently got an Atlas 7b Shaper for a VERY good price. The machine is complete with a vise and no broken parts. My primary use of the machine is to cut internal key ways in gears, hubs etc. It required a general cleaning, new belts, new wiring, and lubricating. I found that the cross feed nut had a LOT of wear, 120 deg slack on the handle. A replacement part is not available. I purchased an ordinary acme nut and welded it to round stock to make a replacement. I then made a jig to hold parts for key way cutting and a tool holder.
    http://s1253.beta.photobucket.com/us...ewise/library/
    Last edited by bytewise; 11-10-2012, 11:08 AM. Reason: add pics

Like most forums, this site does not host pics directly, on a forum with years of content this would take up a ridiculous amount of bandwidth. At the top of the page on this forum is a sticky thread titled "posting pictures with photobucket" that describes how to upload them to photobucket and how to post a direct image link so they appear in your thread. If not photobucket, you could also use one of the other regular pic hosting sites.
    "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Working...
    X