Photosuckit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photosuckit

The code monkeys have gotten their filthy little fingers on Photobucket and made a bunch of changes for change sake.

On the old system I could mark several stored photos and then click an option that would generate the img code for all of them so they could be included in a forum post. How do I do that under the new system?

Please don't advise me to go back to the old system. I expect it will disappear soon so I want to learn to operate under the new.
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
    http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

DON'T KNOW !

I tried their advanced editor today ..that sucks as well..it just froze on me and went black every time i tried to use it ..

I reckon they are taking on cheap labour from Pakistan as the web masters . ..

the img links are under the thumb nails

oh yeah... at busy times the thumb nail links can sometimes take a long time to load ...until they do, they appear not to be there .

all the best.markj
    Last edited by aboard_epsilon; 11-10-2012, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Its new and different but a few minutes on it got me used to it and getting the results I wanted.

Other than up-loading I only use the img links.

Changes on PB are a fact of life - like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtiffie View Post
        Its new and different but a few minutes on it got me used to it and getting the results I wanted.

Other than up-loading I only use the img links.

Changes on PB are a fact of life - like it or not.
        So, can you answer the question I asked?
        Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
        http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Comment

Originally posted by mklotz View Post
          The code monkeys have gotten their filthy little fingers on Photobucket and made a bunch of changes for change sake.

On the old system I could mark several stored photos and then click an option that would generate the img code for all of them so they could be included in a forum post. How do I do that under the new system?
          Please don't advise me to go back to the old system. I expect it will disappear soon so I want to learn to operate under the new.
          No idea - I had no need to check it - so I didn't - and probably won't.

Comment

Marv, as far as I can see the facility to create a list of multiple links from selected images is gone.

If you opt to change back to the old version, there is a feedback form in which you can state why you don't like the new version, what features, bugs etc.

I've given some feedback myself, including the mentioned issue - maybe they won't take any notice, maybe they will, it's not too much effort wasted either way...

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by oldtiffie View Post
              Tiffies chucked in the tiffiebin.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Nope.

All I want is the basic features I need - and none (not many) of the "bells and whistles"/"advanced features" etc.

PB has always met my requirements.

I run a bog-standard W7 and IE8 machine and have had no "machine" problems as regards PB at all.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson View Post
                  lol, only tool there that ever got used and now its binned

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                    I just spit beer out my nose! Good one!

allan

Comment

Originally Posted by oldtiffie

Originally posted by John Stevenson View Post
                      I don't see where I said I "binned" any PB feature at all - just either find them and not use them or just not find and don't miss them at all.

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                      And what tool may that be?

Comment

I went thru Tiffies photochuckit account a while ago and saved a series of posed photo's of all new unused machines.

My idea was to produce a Home shop posers calendar with a difference, in one photo you can see the machine has been used, not heavily but it does show some wear.

Then we run a competition to see who spots the machine.

First prize is a tiffieweld training manual in which he shows you how to achieve welds comparable to this.

Second prize is two copies.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

And that pic with my old Panasonic Lumix DMZ-TZ3 has been on PB for quite a while - and is not too bad at all - as despite any real or imagined "technical" errors/difficulties with either the camera, the pic or PB.

And its still on PB and as easy to find and download as ever through all of PB's changes to its format.

I set that job up as an excercise in welding set-up for minimum "shrinkage" or "movement" and it worked a treat as it was almost ready to be used as an angle plate on a mchine in its "as is" state.

It seems that you are going to have to have to hold your breath for quite a while (a very nice change I must say) while waiting but be careful not to do yourself a damage in the process.

Comment

Stay with the old until they work out the bugs. Let the other fools be the "beta" testers.

Comment

Marv,that feature was there ,but I never used it.The way I have always done it is to open Photobucket in one window and Notepad in another.Select a font size of 16,type the post including copy and pasting the IMG links where you want them in the post.

Once the post is finished including links,highlight the Notepad document in it's entirety and copy.Open the New Thread block on HSM,paste the text and click submit.

I'll also save the the Notepad doc if there is a chance I will post the same post on more than one forum.
                              Not the answer you were looking for,but thought it might help.
                              Last edited by wierdscience; 11-10-2012, 10:01 PM.
                              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                              X