No announcement yet.

Why dont we have a classifieds section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why dont we have a classifieds section?

Why don't we have one? It would be a great way for people here to sell tools and actually get what they want for them. Plus it would sure beat trying to get something off of ebay since people have a tendency to drive the price up ridiculously high.

The owner of this site has magazines that have ads that's why.

Comment

....and thinks me selling something used here would interfere with those. Sure... There is something between all or nothing but they don't seem to want to go there, and it's their site!

Comment

Moderating posts is a cakewalk, compared to mediating buyer-seller disputes.

Comment

Originally posted by EddyCurr View Post
          Moderating posts is a cakewalk, compared to mediating buyer-seller disputes.

Never thought of it that way, but truer words were never spoken.
          Definition: Racecar - a device that turns money into noise.

Comment

Originally posted by chorne27983 View Post
            Why don't we have one? It would be a great way for people here to sell tools and actually get what they want for them. Plus it would sure beat trying to get something off of ebay since people have a tendency to drive the price up ridiculously high.
            If you interested in further reasons, do a search, this has been discussed to death in the past.
            James

Comment

Another forum I belong to has a classifieds section that isn't publicly visible. You have to be a registered member for X amount of days and have X amount of useful posts or become a paying member to see and access it. 99% of scammers are lazy and cheap and give up long before they've met the requirements.

Thousands of people wheel and deal there. Problems are minimal and typically minor.

Comment

Preaching to the choir Duuuuuuuuuuuude! Ain't gonna happen. Would be fun though.
                "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                country, in easy stages."
                ~ James Madison

Comment

I kinda thought so, but I had $.02 just layin' around doing nothing, thought I'd throw it here.

Comment

See this at the opening page of this BBS:

General343 Viewing)

This forum reserved for your comments and discussion about anything pertaining to our magazines or machining and metalworking in general. It's a place for feedback, idea exchange, criticism, kudos, sharing your expertise, your hobby or virtually anything else that other home shop machinists would be interested in. I will be monitoring it on a regular basis and will participate as it seems appropriate. However, for the most part, it's your forum. I hope you will use it regularly. “For Sale” posts are not allowed..
                    The last sentence says it all - ie no sales.

Comment

Why have another reason for a sh#t fight , there are enough ways to start the fur flying now .
                      Michael

Comment

Working...
                      X