What goes round - comes round.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What goes round - comes round.

So today got a visit from the local scrappy, seems he's bought a couple of new fork trucks for round the yard. Well new to him and very late clean models but one has a problem with the steering.

Bearings on the king pins have collapsed and generally shagged to top of the beam where the seals fit.

Soooooooooooo, throw the beam up on the POS Bridgy and nail it to the bed.

Then bore the damage out, size doesn't matter as you'll see in a bit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	forktruck3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	1797666

Nice cleaned up register.

Click image for larger version

Name:	forktruck4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1797667

New inset pressed and loctited in both sides, jobs a good un.

Final bill ?

No Charge.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

I believe that what goes around, comes around is a universal law like gravity. There is no getting away from it. Better to work with it than against. BTW - nice work John!
    Kansas City area

Comment

Is the scrappy the one who sold you that POS bridgy?

Dan
      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Originally posted by danlb View Post
        Is the scrappy the one who sold you that POS bridgy?

Dan
        No fell out with that guy....................

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Way to go John, nice work. Now for my real reason for replying to your post. How do you go about posting those great little popup thumbnail photos?

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.
          Oregon Coast

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut View Post
            Way to go John, nice work. Now for my real reason for replying to your post. How do you go about posting those great little popup thumbnail photos?

Don't know

Put 4 pictures up on Photobucket and two came out normal and two are clickable thumbnails.

I'd be as interested as the next guy.

Comment

It is an attachment hosted by HSM's server. Privilege of knighthood

Comment

Thank you DP.
                Realised what has happened, forget the untick the tick box under Insert image from URL.

Many thanks.

Comment

Why no charge? My shop has to earn its keep.

Stuart

Comment

They help each other. It's a good business model. I have a shop in my area where we do the same. If they have a tool I need to borrow or vise versa or one of us is too busy to do a job we refer it to the other one and get it done. Sometimes money changes hands, sometimes not depending on the circumstances. Instead of thinking of the other guy as a "competitor" we are working together and both get ahead.
                    Kansas City area

Comment

Why do you call them "great"? I personally think they are a PITA. I mean, you have to click on them and you can't view them while reading the text so sometimes you have to go back and forth. I find a full sized photo a lot nicer.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                      Paul A.
                      SE Texas

Make it fit.
                      You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                        Why do you call them "great"? I personally think they are a PITA. I mean, you have to click on them and you can't view them while reading the text so sometimes you have to go back and forth. I find a full sized photo a lot nicer.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                        You can't see them unless you're logged in so it saves time and bandwidth, too. But - if you are using Firefox you can click right on the image and open it in another window or tab and see both the full size image and the original post.

Comment

Originally posted by atomarc View Post
                          Why no charge? My shop has to earn its keep.

Stuart
                          It's one of two yards in this area where I can wander around, the second is about 7 miles away in an area I don't get much.
                          This yard is 1/2 mile away.

A few visits ago they had a big bucket of carbide tooling, I asked how much and it was £90 for the bucket.
                          Bearing in mind that a lot was big tooling and chipped I sorted thru the bucket and came up with this lot.

All good cutters and all sharp, no chips.

That lot weighed in at £25 or so if I remember right. God knows what worth of cutters are there.

What goes round - comes round.

Comment

Of course you figured out the value of your work so the taxman can get his cut?

Comment

Originally posted by 914Wilhelm View Post
                              Of course you figured out the value of your work so the taxman can get his cut?
                              Speak up, bad line here

Comment

Working...
                              X