Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power steering line flaired fitting- ID anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power steering line flaired fitting- ID anyone?

I have this flaired tubing fitting from the power steering gear box of a '92 Ford 4-W which I can't ID. Thread pitch gage I have doesn't match the threads of this fitting. Inch or metric. Diameter is about .476/.488" and does not appear to be pipe thread. It's corroded which explains the .012" difference in measurement. 18 tpi is close and 1.3mm is close but neither gets a cigar. Anyone have details of flaired tubing dimensions? I can't find info on those fittings in the Machinery Handbook.

Thanks ahead of time.
    Krutch

Mentally confused and prone to wandering!

i'll go out on a limb here........ look in the GATES FITTINGS catalog. they have some special fittings that you can adapt when a new hose is needed . . . . ????? good luck

Comment

FWIW, the metric Saginaw boxes as used in GM vehicles are 1.5 pitch

More precisely: M16 x 1.5 or M18 x 1.5, depending on the hardware.

The following image illustrates an Aeroquip "AN Flare-to-Metric" adapter
      for terminating hose with AN fittings into a metric boss/port. Perhaps your
      fitting looks like the right side of the fitting below?

Courtesy: Summit Racing
      Last edited by EddyCurr; 11-14-2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys,
        My confused and wandering got me again!
        I needed the dimensions so I could modify the only fitting that I found which fit the new line but not where I was trying to place the new line. Because I can no longer stand on my head and work, dumbass me was trying to put the line in the wrong hole. No wonder my girlfriends always get mad at me, lol. When I figured out my mistake, the new fitting went in OK with out a reducer. Will wonders never cease. Next time, maybe I'll pull off the front fenders so I can SEE what I'm doing.
        Now, time to torch off the straps that hold that leaky fuel tank!
        Krutch

Mentally confused and prone to wandering!

Comment

Originally posted by krutch View Post
          Now, time to torch off the straps that hold that leaky fuel tank!
          And that was the last we ever heard of him.... Well, Aside from the loud bang, that is.
          Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Working...
          X