A bit of a shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of a shock

My boss came into the electronics workshop towards the end of today and handed me an envelope.

After 26 years of employment, they decided to give me...

A 'Team Special Bonus Award'!

Some while back I got a call to go and look at a faulty LCD monitor in the . When I got over there I discovered an entire corridor of dead equipment. It transpired that the neutral line in the local distribution panel had failed and one phase had gone over 350 volt. I spent the next week replacing and repairing, saving some some expensive kit like a gas chromatograph and several high precision balances as well as lots of PCs and printers.

I got 'mentioned in dispatches' for my efforts, but didn't expect anything further to come of it. It's not a large sum of money, but it's not a token amount either. It's certainly a very nice surprise!
    Paul Compton
    www.morini-mania.co.uk
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru

Good duty, good for you bro.

Comment

The only thing more pleasing than a job well done is being recognized for that work.

Congrats!
      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Originally posted by danlb View Post
        The only thing more pleasing than a job well done is being recognized for that work.

Congrats!
        Exactly what I was going to say.
        Although the money is a nice reward the fact that your actions are recognized is often times a more compelling reason to carry on with one's good work ethic.

Congratulations on your award and recognition.
        Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
        Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Yipppeeee MORE money now for more tools!!

Comment

It's not just the money, it's nice to be appeciated also. Congrats & good for you!
            "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
            world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
            country, in easy stages."
            ~ James Madison

Comment

Congrats! It's always nice to be recognized for being a good employee.

Comment

Appreciation and recognition is special.

In his younger days Harry Truman worked for the railroad, as an inspector or some such. He must have gotten along and garnered at least some respect, because when he left for something else the men gave him a card saying "Harry Truman is a thoroughly good guy from his a$$hole out in every direction." The language may not have been a bit of a shock to him - that's probably where he learned it.
                "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Good job,not only did you rescue some equipment,you probably also prevented a fire.
                  I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Nice story. l've worked in too many places where doing a good job was like peeing in your pants, when you're wearing a dark suit.

You get a nice warm feeling, but nobody notices...

Comment

Congratulations for a job well done. It is heartwarming to hear instances of the person deserving the credit getting it, instead of someone higher up.

Orrin
                      So many projects. So little time.

Comment

Some places still know how to do it right.

doug

Comment

It is nice to know that some employers/managers still do appreciate the efforts of their people. I always made it a priority to thank anybody who worked for me. Too often the only way I could do so was verbally, but I know that that is often appreciated more than money. At least, in my case, it is.
                          Paul A.

Make it fit.
                          You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Makes you want to work harder for the employer in my opinion. Company I work for will give nice bonuses at times for doing things above and beyond what would normally be expected. Received a couple and it makes you try to help more when your appreciated.

I have worked for a-holes and it is a lot nicer to work for people who know and see extra efforts and will acknowledge it by word or money.

Comment

Yay! The good guys win one! Grats!

Comment

Working...
                              X