Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats A Indexing Turret Attachment Worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats A Indexing Turret Attachment Worth?

I am purchasing a Emco Maximat Super 11 from a fellow. It has items I have no use for but the fellow who owns it says I should sell the items I have no use for and it will help pay for the lathe.My question is, where should I try to sell it? Ebay? What would it be worth? Its a 6 station I think. I will take a couple of pics and post them.It looks good from everything I can see.Is there another forum I should get on about this piece? Thanks for any input. Dennis

List it on Ebay, descibe it well & let the bidding begin. I bet you'll be suprised at what it brings.
    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
    country, in easy stages."
    ~ James Madison

Comment

Like these?

http://www.littlemachineshop.com/pro...1877&category=

http://www.littlemachineshop.com/pro...3053&category=

Comment

If it's genuine Emco you will be shocked how much some will pay!

Comment

Or is it more like one of these?

Here's one that would fit my lathe:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Capstan-Un...item1c2ac5c747

Was on sale for more, now GBP600, still nobody's buying it. Love to have one, but not for that kind of price. It's the sort of thing that might gather dust for years. At least it could keep my 22" faceplate company...

Ian
          All of the gear, no idea...

Comment

Whatever the lathe comes with, sooner or later you'll kick yourself for getting rid of. And when you replace it, it'll cost you three times what you for for the first one.

Comment

I can second the last comment, now you may not think you need it, but wait until that job comes where you would have wished you could have just rotated the tail stock and not had to change center drill, drill bit, reamer ten or fifteen times. Better just put it away and consider yourself lucky to have it.

Comment

This is really a neat piece. I had an engineer friend come by and look at it, and he said its the first one he seen with an X & Y . It is a Turret with X & Y capabilities. Its too bad I have no use for it. But the fellow I am buying the Maximat from suggested I sell some of the attachments to help pay for the machine. I will post when I list it.Heres a couple pics if I can post them. Thanks, Dennis

How can I post pics on here?

Comment

Anybody that wants to see this, email me, [email protected] and I will send pics. This nothing like what anybody showed me on their post.

Comment

Working...
                  X