X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Flylo.... you're missing out.

You could own this...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tls/3425902336.html

Probably works fine; just not very useful today. I do see 3 nice heads, 3 very nice vices, great welding fixture (table is about 6 feet long), a bunch of hydraulic junk and a 3-4000lb of scrap iron (5c lb right now). Tempted myself.

Wish it were closer! Thanks!
    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
    country, in easy stages."
    ~ James Madison

Comment

Perhaps for Sir John instead, so he could have 3 times the POS bridgeport?

J

Comment

That's an absolute steal.

I'd love a step speed head for my machine to replace the 2J varispeed. If cheap inverters had been available years ago the varispeed head wouldn't have needed to be invented.

Get a step speed head, throw the motor away, stick a 3hp motor on and 2 or 3 speed poly vee drive and invertor and it would transform one out of this world.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

The vises alone are probably worth $1200.

Comment

Seen a lot of BRPTs but never those motors, looks like they cobbled up some thing to keep them running.

Comment

I have run 2 and 3 headed Bridgeports just like that one. They take a lot of setup and fine tuning. Also you have to make the first part to copy some other way, and a stylus to match every endmill. Once everything is set up and dialed in they work pretty good. I was able to keep all three parts within + or - .002 running production. We didn't have Kurt vises back then, mostly used shop made mill fixtures. Having run those, I appreciate my CNC mills a lot more.
              Last edited by Toolguy; 11-22-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

That machine has to be his worst nightmare

Comment

Originally posted by duckman View Post
                  Seen a lot of BRPTs but never those motors, looks like they cobbled up some thing to keep them running.

I've seen many tracers around here with atypical motors - they were usually equiped with 5hp GE motors instead of the wimpy 1hp. Torque without needing backgear!
                  Last edited by lakeside53; 11-21-2012, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lakeside53 View Post
                    That machine has to be his worst nightmare
                    LOL

Last place I worked at we had two bridgies that stood in the middle of the shop, back to back.

Often used to swing the head round on one so it was over the bed on the other to give two heads for drilling crude spacing jigs for the converyor systems on the spray line.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

"True-Trace 3D Hydraulic Tracer" We don need no steenking G-code!
                      Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
                        "True-Trace 3D Hydraulic Tracer" We don need no steenking G-code!
                        personally I'll take G & M code over a tracer any day.

As others have said buy it for the vises, strip off the heads and sell them, sell the hydraulic power pack or use it for a log splitter. Use the table as a welding table and scrap the remainder. Probably make a good profit out of it.

Comment

I saw that listing within a minute of it appearing, and it's only 45 minutes from me. You can't image how many time I've nearly pressed the reply button, but I'm exercising self control. Much as I would like a couple of spare heads.. and vices.. and...

STOP! Turn off the darn computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Stan View Post
                            personally I'll take G & M code over a tracer any day.
                            Me too. It was an attempt at humor.
                            Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by lakeside53 View Post
                              I saw that listing within a minute of it appearing, and it's only 45 minutes from me. You can't image how many time I've nearly pressed the reply button, but I'm exercising self control. Much as I would like a couple of spare heads.. and vices.. and...

STOP! Turn off the darn computer.
                              Get it! You know you want too. Go ahead make the call & offer $600.
                              "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                              world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                              country, in easy stages."
                              ~ James Madison

Comment

Working...
                              X