A little tool gloat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little tool gloat

I have a friend that worked as a machinist several decades ago, and has been a building contractor since. One day last summer while enjoying some adult beverages in my garage he told me he would see what he could find in his garage that was left over from his prior career and give it to me as he felt I would make good use of whatever he found. A couple days ago he handed over this nice piece.

Of course it was populated like this

The set is missing three specific sizes, the 5/8 and 11/16 are doubled up, the 63/64 is missing and in it's spot is the 1". In the 1" spot is a 1 1/16". But I don't care, I'm just tickled to have the set.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else he finds and drags over.

Art

Good for you & YOU SUCK!
    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
    country, in easy stages."
    ~ James Madison

Comment

A "little" gloat my you know what! MSC has 1/2" shank US made sets starting at just over $900 and ending at just under $1200. That is certainly worth a

YOU SUCK!

Comment

That is lovely, you will enjoy them. Buy that man a cold frosty beverage.
        I'm here hoping to advancify my smartitude.

Comment

What a wonderfull gift!! A great thougtfull friend!!

Comment

Personal foul! Unnecessary roughness on the gloat! Making us think you scored an empty drill rack, then hitting us with the content? 15 yard penalty, loss of down, and an automatic "You Suck!" on the play.

And yes, at the very least, the contributor deserves a case of his favorite cool refreshing adult beverage for his generosity.
            Definition: Racecar - a device that turns money into noise.

Comment

My 8 pc. set of Silver and Demming precision twist drills was around $100, new. Yours is larger and free!

Your friend is generous.

Comment

Working...
              X