Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make your bike sound like a horse anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make your bike sound like a horse anyone?

A bit of silliness. http://trotify.com/

Like hundreds of thousands kids I guess, I used to have stiff cardboard poking into the wheel spokes so that my push bike sounded like a motor bike.

Comment

Wonderful bit of whimsy. Sure to bring a smile at the first encounter - and annoyance at the tenth.

Comment

I always thought it would be neat to make my bike sound like a steam locomotive ... would be great fun riding on the bike-paths (ex rail lines)

Comment

Hmmm, wonder what it would sound like at 65mph going down the grade...

think id want some safety glasses on and some kinda padding on the back...

Comment

Yup, cardboard on the spokes,, and if you put two or three on, sounded like a multi cyl., engine.

Comment

A Monty Python bike! I want mine to poop like a horse. Bike apples.

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                Yup, cardboard on the spokes,, and if you put two or three on, sounded like a multi cyl., engine.
                http://www.turbospoke.com/
                Paul Compton
                www.morini-mania.co.uk
                http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru

Comment

Originally posted by Forestgnome View Post
                  A Monty Python bike!
                  Ah, another fan of British witty humor. That was the first thought I had as well.

Comment

Never mind bicycles. Electric car manufacturers are looking for the perfect sound to add to the vehicles to give pedestrians some warning of a completely silent approach. Not only is the vehicle exhaust emissions free but also the horse.

Comment

OK. I don't want to hear anything about brave Sir Robin.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunc View Post
                        Electric car manufacturers are looking for the perfect sound to add to the vehicles to give pedestrians some warning of a completely silent approach.
                        I don't think that's rocket science - just a recorded sound of an engine playing back through some cheesy but durable speakers,

all the sensors are already there for motor RPM, load, and throttle position (volume) and your good to go...

I can't imagine having that turbo spoke thing when I was a kid - I think one ride around the block in the suburbs of detroit would have seen me beat up and left in a ditch - probably still with the gayass bike to boot as nobody's going to steal that thing - their just going to beat you up for owning it...

Comment

Reminds me of the semi-truck simulator I worked on. There was an audio system giving an engine sound, and it went through the sound of starting, running, and warming up. When you gave it gas and went through the gears, it gave all the appropriate sounds- loudness, rpms, etc.

I've long thought that for my electric, I'd have a choice of sounds that it could project- one would be the sound of a big block complete with the galloping idle and explosive exhaust sounds, another would be the sound of a sewing machine, another might be the sound of a big diesel- and there would be no sound, which would be simply whatever sound the electric motor and drive train produces.
                          I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Working...
                          X