No announcement yet.

Taking recycling to a whole new level!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking recycling to a whole new level!

Not long ago we took our daughter out to dinner to a nice mountain restaurant. I went into the mens toilet and there were three urinals on the wall. Above them was a nice cheerful sign that said we believe in saving our planet. We recycle everything we can. Above the first urinal was a sign that read "Beer" with an arrow pointing down. Next was "wine" and on the third one was Cola, Fanta, Water.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Come on BF, you are taking the piss

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Leaving a piss I hope!

Comment

I remember a graffito scrawled on the wall of the toilet stall when I was in high school:

Flush twice. It is a long way to the kitchen.
        Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
        ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

I live in a river town and we kinda have that same saying; "flush twice {name of town downstream here} needs the water....

kinda funny till you here the same joke whilst upstream from your town...

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson View Post
            Come on BF, you are taking the piss
            I am not sure what that saying means John. Does it mean you don't believe me? If not I will call them tomorrow and have them send me a picture. I maybe didn't remember the wording exactly on the big sign but the signs are there.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Some yrs ago, while visiting a facility in anther country, I had occasion to visit the men's room, In this case the Loo. Ther was a sign posted on the mirrors over the sinks that said"please do not wash penis in sink". I thought, what a strange place. Then I noticed someone had carefully hand lettered the letter I into the word "pens". Bob.

Comment

A sign above the urinal at "The Catalyst", a Santa Cruz hippie coffee shop from the 60s.

"Please do not throw cigarette butts in the urinals. It makes them soggy and hard to light. Sincerely, the night clean up crew"
                At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

There is a small bar/cafe on the road to Reno but still in California that I stopped at once to get lunch. In the mens room there the sign said something like, Remember, the same hands that fish the cigarette butts out of the urinals are the same hands that make your lunch. At the same place it said, You men with short horns stand closer to the urinal.

Comment

tacky, disqualifies it as a nice restuarant. imo.

Comment

Back in the recession of 80-82 a place i worked at , someone had placed a note over the toilet paper holder. It said:

"Due to shortage of paper because of the recession, you are asked to please use both sides and edges when wiping".

Comment

I've seen this one a few times over the years - "We aim to keep this place clean...Your aim will help."

Comment

Surely it should be

"We aim to please. You aim too please."
                          West Sussex UK

Comment

At quitting time all urinals would be in service.. Those using the stool were greeted with the sign:

Be like Dad
                            Not like Sis
                            lift the seat
                            Before you Piss

Comment

I think things like this are usually done to distract the user. Have a blank wall above a urinal, and it will have graffiti on it, no matter how nice the place.
                              Definition: Racecar - a device that turns money into noise.

Comment

Working...
                              X