Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toycen Tradesman....anyone know anything about it????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toycen Tradesman....anyone know anything about it????

Folks,

Does anyone have, or know anything about the Toycen Tradesman DC Tool Grinder?

I've looked at their website (www.cuttermasters.com), and read a few reviews. Just looking for any additional info.

I'm thinking of it as a Christmas present for ME!

Thanks

I've just bought their older model endmill grinder in a lightly used condition. Did'n try it yet: waiting for wheels to arrive, but I cleaned and lubricated it. It's no K.O.Lee, of course, but the machine is much more portable and built quite well. Accessories cost a fortune, so I consider it to be a single purpose machine.

I wouldn't buy it new, of course. For this amount of money (and with luck) you can find a fully loaded used K.O.Lee.

Jeff Toycen is a very nice guy. You can always talk to him if you have any questions.
    Last edited by MichaelP; 12-08-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Michael,

Tks much. I haven't talked to Jeff yet so appreciate the info.

Their catalog is pretty impressive..equipment I haven't seen before. I like the idea of the variable speed combined with the plated wheels.

It looks like they build some of the equipment themselves instead of just retailing other equipment.

I Googled his name and there is a Toycen Corporation out of Ogdensburg, NY that builds robots. Looks like the same firm...pretty interesting engineering work going on.

I'm going to call him next week...will let you know if I'm going to get a new Christmas present.

Comment

A similar post by a gent using this same handle was drop kicked into the 'spam' locker on another site. If his post sounds like 'salesman-ese' that's because it is. Read the post...this guy isn't asking questions, he is selling their stuff. In his thread on the other site he states he already has this item.

If I've got the wrong suspect I apologize....but I don't think I do.

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by atomarc View Post
          If his post sounds like 'salesman-ese' that's because it is. Read the post...this guy isn't asking questions, he is selling their stuff.
          See also:-

http://forum.canadianwoodworking.com/showthread.php?47480-Toycen-Tradesman-Benchtop-Tool-Grinder-Review

http://www.routerforums.com/tool-rev...h-grinder.html

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by atomarc View Post
            A similar post by a gent using this same handle was drop kicked into the 'spam' locker on another site. If his post sounds like 'salesman-ese' that's because it is. Read the post...this guy isn't asking questions, he is selling their stuff. In his thread on the other site he states he already has this item.

If I've got the wrong suspect I apologize....but I don't think I do.

Stuart
            Stuart,

No apologies necessary but it's not me. I'm interested in the machine though.

Comment

Working...
            X