Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Help Wanted!!

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/mnu/3471525853.html

This chestnut popped up on CL while I was browsing. This is the most brazen example I've seen... most companies wait until the interview to spring this on you.
    "The Administration does not support blowing up planets." --- Finally some SENSIBLE policy from the Gov!

Ya know.... I think just maybe possibly that might have been posted by someone who's a little frustrated with employers springing that sort of crap at an interview...

J

Comment

I think he forgot a zero...

Comment

time to move to China a drive and cab so the kids can have a better life
        Last edited by Mcgyver; 12-11-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by achtanelion View Post
          Ya know.... I think just maybe possibly that might have been posted by someone who's a little frustrated with employers springing that sort of crap at an interview...

J
          My thinking as well.

Is there any way to decrypt/decode those Craigslist addresses? Would save a ton of time sending resumes if I knew ahead of time where my mail was going.
          "The Administration does not support blowing up planets." --- Finally some SENSIBLE policy from the Gov!

Comment

More than a little "tongue in cheek" perhaps.

If real, some one with an over-inflated ego and self esteem and ambitions of grandeur (and "flights of fancy"??) might have a go, get it and get his legs knocked right out from under him.

Who knows?

Some body here might be just the applicant the advertiser is looking for - and what might that be for?

Comment

McDonalds give a food discount!
              "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
              world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
              country, in easy stages."
              ~ James Madison

Comment

Lighten up everybody, they at least supply "electric lighting in the work area". I'm really getting tired of working by kerosene lantern.

Comment

That is obviously a sarcastic posting from a (most likely) fed up interview-ee.
                  However,
                  I responded to a local Craigslist add that wanted an all-in-one CNC Programmer, CNC Operator, and Manual Machinist, to work in a lab, report to Engineering Dept.,. make prototypes, etc. etc. etc. Degree, Tech School, Gibbs, Solidworks, Mastercam.
                  So I called, and did a pre-interview with the HR lady.
                  When it came to salary requirements I told her I'd like to make at least $20.00 per hour.
                  She replied, "Oh..... This position only pays $12.50".
                  HAHAHAHA... WOW!
                  Good luck filling that spot.

Comment

I know in this area CNC Programer-Setup and Machinist wages have crashed. The number of kids the two colleges are spewing out saw to that. Same thing happened back in Rochester. Several big shops cut the CC a cheque, school built a CNC and Machining program and stated spewing people out like a firehose.

You can tell it was intentional because of the number of ads seeking "ECC Graduates" or "MCC Manufacturing Engineering Program Graduates Only." These jobs just so happen to spring up when the schools are graduating a new crop, and they offer absurdly low wages (even for entry level.)

Don't know about the rest of you but I took classes and got papers so I didn't have to work at poverty wages for the rest of my life. It's utterly asinine that employers are expecting people to run up $100K in school debt then beg for $10 an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Grind Hard View Post
                      Don't know about the rest of you but I took classes and got papers so I didn't have to work at poverty wages for the rest of my life. It's utterly asinine that employers are expecting people to run up $100K in school debt then beg for $10 an hour.
                      Yep, Its the modren version of slavery. You 'owe' them your 'time' (read as: life). Don't forget the $200K~500K home* you are 'expected' to buy and pay off for the next 20+ years, working 8+ hours a day to make up the payments for.

I might not have much, but everything I have I paid for up front and can walk away at any time, a free man.

*Worth aprox $20,000~$50,000 in labour and materials on effectively worthless land
                      Last edited by Black_Moons; 12-11-2012, 08:45 PM.
                      Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Hey, I'm qualified on 2 of those requirements

Comment

The other possibility that no one's mentioned is that the company has a policy where every job must be publicly listed, even if they're only going to be looking for an internal candidate, so they stick some kind of screwball requirement in, which would only be applicable for a new hire, knowing that this will eliminate the flood of outside applicants.

Of course, I ran into the situation of being unemployed and desperately trying to find a job, only to be turned down because I didn't have a four year degree for a bottle washing job that paid $12.50/hr. I looked at the lady at the unemployment office and told her, "Nobody with a four year degree is going to want that job, especially at that rate of pay. If they do take it, they'll stay only long enough to find something that pays decent wages." She agreed, but stated there was a whole lotta nothing she could do about it.

Comment

Tuckerfan, I think that you are right on the money! I was once hired on a six-month contract. My first instruction was to write a job description for the position and ensure that I met ALL of the qualifications. Well, surprise, surprise, when the job was posted, I applied and was the ONLY qualified applicant. I thus became a "permanent" employee. We used to call these "Red Tie contests," the idea being that of all the applicants, the one with the red tie would win. Was it "fair, open, and transparent,"? Not a bit! But it allowed the supervisor to (generally) ensure that he got competent help.
                            Duffy, Gatineau, Quebec

Comment

Yes , and if you had the luxury of a fan you may be working in the dark.
                              Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X