OT: Google search problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Google search problems

Several times, recently, when I attempt to go to www.google.com my Web browsers will halt and report that the connection is not trusted. Does anybody know why this is?

Usually, the situation is temporary; but, it is really frustrating when I need to search for something right now.

Orrin
    So many projects. So little time.

What has changed recently on your computer? Have you added/removed any software? Had any websites tell you you needed to download a plugin/add-on to see something?

Chuck

Comment

Any site that presents unvetted adverts can become a danger for brief periods. That is why there are services that provide these warnings. Google is just one of many search engines though and using alternatives is easy to do. Just google "google alternatives". You may be sent here: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-googl...periment-with/

Comment

What has changed recently on your computer? Have you added/removed any software? Had any websites tell you you needed to download a plugin/add-on to see something?
        There have been no changes to this computer. I also observe this behavior on other computers in the house. It seems as though filters--either in the operating system or in my anti-virus software--is blocking access.

Orrin
        So many projects. So little time.

Comment

What browser are you using? Can you add Google to the trusted sites?
          Seems I had that issue a while back. I use Google for the home page in IE on all my machines. I added google's IP address to my hosts list to prevent hijacking.
          I also use CCleaner to delete unwanted cookies and clean temporary internet files.

Chuck

Comment

Browsers have "Safe Browsing" options. One such method uses a downloadable file that contains known unsafe sites. What is unsafe is somewhat subjective, though. Anyway - check your browser settings to see if the built-in nanny is too stringent.

Comment

Working...
            X