Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The wedding ring and the drill from the pawn shop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wedding ring and the drill from the pawn shop.

What does that make me, a HEEL?

I saw this perfectly good milwaukee holeshooter drill for $25 while we were purchasing the ring. I got them jewwed down to $20.. Since I have purchased several at $180 I was quite tickled. I even plugged it up and held the trigger while sniffing the windings *for a bad smell.

Yes we got a deal on the ring too.

Check the pawn shops for bargains.

ReckoN I got a bargain with the woman too? Most would have been pee'ed off. I did spend more on the ring then the drill thou.

(more machine shops out of business in Chattanooga, empty buildings.)

David

I bought my wife's first ring at a pawn shop. Married 33 years today. I better not forget to pick up something on the way home or I'm toast.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

When we got engaged we bought a ring, plain band with some pattern in it, looked like bad knurning.
      That weekend we had to do the rounds of the inlaw's/outlaw's to display the ring.....boring.

Anyway for a laugh I swopped the ring in the box for a slice off a Triumph Tiger 110 small end bush.

No one frigging noticed until we got to the last aunt on the list who remarked to Ower Gert that she'd just chosen a plain band.
      Gert said no it's got a pattern on it and the penny dropped.

That was an amusing night.

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 03-08-2004).]

Comment

ibewgypsie- nice going! I'd say you got a keeper in the little lady, sounds like she's got a good attitude. A while back a commercial fisherman come into my shop and had me make two wedding bands out of a piece of Aquamet propeller shaft. Cripes, this reminds me, my twentieth is coming right up and I've got to get something for my wife. Hmmm... ibewgypsie, how much you gotta have for that drill?

Comment

Congrats on you wives.
            Does anyone actually read siglines?

Comment

I proposed to present wife on Victoria peak, in Hong Kong (1966). Warned her that she was getting no bargain, so she could have what ever she wanted in way of engagement ring (she designed her own, with a large diamond), but like John S, only a plain gold band. As I pointed out, we would probably never be in such bad shape that the band would be hocked- but she could just plan on me messing up and we would hock the diamond. She still kept me and the ring never went to pawn.

Nicest little blue eyed school teacher from Hot springs South Dakota anyone ever met.

Hope your works as well as mine Dave. and congratulations (I married, first time at age 35. Was afraid it would not take with me but it did. May you have as much joy as I have-or more even )
              Steve

Comment

David
                You could have at least told her that the drill was fer both of ya big goof - women like romantic stuff like that. I know, because I am still single.

John, you taking notes here laddie?

Hey Steve - what the hell you up to buddy?

Comment

Thrud: I got weeks behind reading. Started right where I left off and trying to catch up. Pert' nigh but not plumb caught up.

You guys realize how much reading is needed? Then the back posts started, they were mostly several pages back then, I guess I missed what ever angered Neil, I feels like a new poster.
                  BTW, the falling behind was just busy on other things- Health is fine. NIce to see we gained more posters in the last month. Life is still fine in Doctors Inlet Florida. Come on down before the mosquito's get bad.

Steve

Comment

I took the intended to the overlook at Snoqualmie Falls (it is about a 300 foot drop) and said "marry me or jump". Thats been 34 years ago and we are still together. Never bought her a ring, but she has her own drill motor, planer, mitre saw and even a Browne and Sharpe combination square. And better yet she understands that if it isn't in a red box (Starrett or better) don't buy it. Just funnin about the falls---the rest is true.

Comment

Steve
                      Glad to hear it buddy. I don't know if I can get anywhere. My eyes are doing some wierd things to me and I fear that they may yank my drivers license. I thought the would have done that years ago just because of the way I drove, not because of how I see - go figure...

Comment

Yep THrud, If "they don't get us one way they will get us another. Reminds me of Al Capone, should have got him for murder, something that counted. Instead "they" brag they finally "got" him. Tax Evasion- a embarrassing thing to get a man for. A wimps crime.

So, Cut your exhaust pipes and run 'em out side so the flames and smoke can be seen, crank her up and run the main streets of a small town til the cops come for and make them chase you down, run 6 semi trucks off the road (snowy road would be better), then let "them" take your license. Better than failing to pass a sight test- story you can tell with pride the rest of your life.

How you go is important too.
                        Steve

Comment

Thrud,
                          Sorry to hear of your predicament, but I do have good news. I just saved a bunch of money.....no wait, wrong news.

Oh yeah, I'member..

In all new buildings signs are required to be readable in Braile. The new school building is covered in signs by every door with printed and Braile text all over it.

I was in a newly refurbished hospital and sure enough, they too have Braile on every sign. but what disturbed me most was seeing the Braile on the sign labled "OPERATING ROOM".

"UH DOC... I saw you "reading" the sign by the door on our way in. Should I be concerned?"

In this "handicapped accessable world" it is only a matter of time before traffic signs are going to be readible in Braile.

Better get to be a speed reader. The stop signs go by FAST at 65 mph.

Comment

The drive up ATM has instructions in Braille.
                            I often wonder just how blind people are supposed to find those signs in the first place, and if they do manage to find the Lady's room sign, and are standing there with their legs crossed, jumping up & down, how are they supposed to know which way to go to get to the Men's room?
                            Life is full of mysteries.
                            Jim H.

Comment

My mates blind and someone gave him a cheese grater and told him it was the latest Stephen King book.

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Working...
                              X