Lindsay's Techinical Books - It May Be Too Late To Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindsay's Techinical Books - It May Be Too Late To Order

I made my list of books and checked it twice from the "Last Catalog" from Lindsay's Technical Books. Pulled up the secure web page to place my order and this is what I got:

https://lindsayb.startlogic.com/forms/of2.html

I have ordered from them in the past, so maybe they will reopen after the first of the year.
    Cheers,
    Gary

That's what I call customer service!

Comment

Ah... the Christmas spirit is alive and well

Comment

The new catalog i got had a write up about retiring, but the last orders would be i think Feb. 13th?

Gonna miss that catalog, it always had some interesting stuff in it.

Comment

There was a good warning posted here not so long ago that Linsday was closing down or being sold off or what ever and everyone had a fair chance of getting their orders filled in good time.

Comment

Wow,

Oh well, it sounds like he's not looking to re-open his business long term so what has he got to lose. Except his reputation.

Brian
            OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

The last i read, he mentioned that one of the staff was considering taking over the stock and peddling it on Ebay i think.

Always figured he could be a "Crusty" old fart!! Lol

Comment

Nothing like going out with a Bang!

Comment

From having worked on the other side of the sales counter I would say cut him some slack.90% of the general public is generally civil to do business with,the other 10% insists on driving you insane.

You would be amazed at just how arrogant and rude people can be over the phone or internet and after awhile it builds up to a point you just have to back or in Lindsay's case shove away from it all.

People also do wait until the absolute last instant before doing what they need to do.Remember the saying "A failure in planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on ours"
                  I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
                    From having worked on the other side of the sales counter I would say cut him some slack.90% of the general public is generally civil to do business with,the other 10% insists on driving you insane.

You would be amazed at just how arrogant and rude people can be over the phone or internet and after awhile it builds up to a point you just have to back or in Lindsay's case shove away from it all."
                    all true I suppose.....but its all in the way you handle it. that seemed the equivalent of some harried clerk running through malls arms in the air screaming
                    in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

I've worked retail all my life & miss many customers & buying, selling & making deals, but I don't miss the few cheap know it alls. I had one customer that was the absolute worst, always saying he should be buying somewhere else, which I wholeheartedly agrred with. Anyway I had some plyood for sale & this guy called 3 times & cried about the price & how he could have bought it where I did. I was about to give in when he called on his phone which showed his name, I politely told him I didn't work reatail anymore, didn't have to be nice, wasn't selling him a darn thing & he could go to the store & pay full price. Sure felt good!

Comment

Wow, that's a hell of a business acumen! Not!

He posts a going out of business notification, which then gets posted on the various hobby forums, and he's bitter that he got a flood of orders?

Who the heck is going to re-order with that kind of attitude?
                        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

I had an order planned for after Christmas. Catalog goes in the garbage tomorrow morning.
                          Definition: Racecar - a device that turns money into noise.

Comment

"Who the heck is going to re-order with that kind of attitude? "

I think Lindsay really is quitting the business. He really doesn't want people to re-order.
                            Also you have noticed in his catalogs that insulting troubling customers in advance is just who Lindsay is. He just wanted you have your ducks in a row be before you wasted his time with fouled up order or rambling phone call.
                            I'm going to miss him.
                            Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                              all true I suppose.....but its all in the way you handle it. that seemed the equivalent of some harried clerk running through malls arms in the air screaming
                              18 years I have had to deal with them and their numbers are increasing.Everything from people who can't take no for an answer to the three or four people I have threatened to call the cops on.

Take a normally hectic day and add these idiots to the mix and it just becomes so much nicer-not!
                              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                              X