OT: FedEx virus reminder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: FedEx virus reminder

Not a new virus - but still around, especially in the gift-giving (and shipping) season. The wife got our system infected this morning via email - I suspect her email address was gleaned from her Facebook account:

http://www.fedex.com/bz/fraud/virusalert.html

It appears that Norton Anti-Virus was able to cope with the miscreant (confirmed with the more robust MalwareBytes).

Interesting. I got a message yesterday, which I deleted via Webmail. It claimed to be from FedEx, and said my web account was about to expire due to inactivity. It contained a link, which was why I deleted it.

I never click on links contained in unsolicited email. No reputable company will send you unsolicited email with a link to a login. To click on such links is an invitation to trouble.

-M

edit: Now that I think about it, I also like that the account is expired. I obviously don't need it, and if I did, I could always create it again.
    The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Comment

Originally posted by tlfamm View Post
      The wife got our system infected this morning via email
      Yeah, right.
      Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Best not to have accounts with these couriers anyway!
        I told puralator to @#[email protected] off when they tried to charge me $50 import dutys on a $100 item (Actual import dutys: About <$15, rest was random stupid fees they tacked on), Since I had no account with them, No previous business and never authorized them to clear any items for me. Also was never told of any fees when I got the item or chance to refuse delivery based on that info, just 'heres you item' <3 weeks later> "Heres your bill" 6 weeks later "Heres your nastygram from our lawyer who isent even a valid lawyer in your country for not paying our scamragious bill"

Took em awhile for them to figure out I had more right to sue them then they had to sue me!
        Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Never have those kind of problems with Linux...

John
          My Web Site

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohnT View Post
            Never have those kind of problems with Linux...

John
            +1

Comment

Be cautious. Apple got to bragging about how they never had virus problems or malware. This was perceived as a challenge to some hackers, and now apple has sheepishly admitted they now have virus problems.

finest regards,

doug

Comment

Working...
              X