Gatlin gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatlin gun

Anybody know where to find plans for Gatlin gun? 22LR preferrable.

Thers usually an ad in the back of most gun mags and HSM. I just looked in HSM and found the ad for RG-R Inc PObox 935, Trinidad Co 81082,Also they have a web site www.gatlingguns.net.I got to see four gattling guns at Cabin Fever Expo 3 in 22lr and one in 22short.I got some video of the bolts moveing into battery as the handle was cranked.If the feds would let you put an electric motor on it you could have a blast!
    If it goes BANG, I want one!

Comment

Thanks Cannon. Wonder how long it would take to make the gun out of their materials package. the kit is way too expensive for me.

Comment

The guy I talked to at CFX said it took apx 1 yr,did the whole thing on a smithy LMD not sure how many hrs each wk.Made his own bbls by useing liners and epoxed into steel blanks.A work of art to be sure.
        If it goes BANG, I want one!

Comment

Have plans from both gun sellers, RG-G and MED. Am currntly building the MED version (the .22 short gun). Will do the other one later (much later). Turned my barrels down from pre-bored/-rifled blanks. If you have further questions email me direct: [email protected]. Be glad to help you any way I can.
          Bob

Comment

I've got about 120 hours of work in my RGG gun. Figure I'm close to half done on the metal working. I'm turning down used barrels for mine and that is a slow process. I have to take light cuts due to flex of the material (I don't have a follower rest). Also, chatters alot near the middle of the barrel. Been a good learning project for me.
            Jim

Comment

Would'nt it be great if some dedicated person did an article on building a gatlin gun for HSM?? Hint! Hint!Hint!
              hms50
              hms

Comment

I've got about 120 hours of work in my RGG gun. Figure I'm close to half done on the metal working. I'm turning down used barrels for mine and that is a slow process. I have to take light cuts due to flex of the material (I don't have a follower rest). Also, chatters alot near the middle of the barrel. Been a good learning project for me.
                Jim

Comment

Hi JimH

On turnning the long barrel with light cuts. Could you set a steady rest near the center and turn one end to size flip the barrel end do and turn that end and than work down the area where the steady rest was riding? Long question. Charlie.
                  Don\'t ask me to do a dam thing, I\'m retired.
                  http://home.earthlink.net/~kcprecision/

Comment

Haven't tried a steady rest as you suggest. I'll take a look this weekend. I'm considering making a simple follower rest, but haven't got too far on that yet.

One problem is that I didn't cut the original barrel (16-18 inches long) down to a little over the actual needed length (12 inches). That should help some.
                    Jim

Comment

The RGG gun uses straight barrels so turning, preferably with a steady rest, is easy. The MED gun uses tapered barrels, so a follow rest is out. I used a sharp HSS tool with a fairly steep negative rake angle and took light cuts (.020 max) and it worked out real good.

Comment

On the RGG gun I saved a lot of time and ended up with a better job by eliminating a lot of separate parts and cutting them all as one unit,such as the bolts, and recoil plate and cocking ring. No screws or silver soldering. I had to make fixture for the bolts and a special cutter for the cocking ring but that was not a problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X