• uncle pete
    replied
    The horse is pretty cute too.

Pete

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Staubo
    replied
    Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
    P.S. Do you think if my wife does the turning thing she might start to look like Demi?
    Or maybe Priscilla Presley?: http://youtu.be/1_LfUmdR2Mo

Leave a comment:

• dp
    replied
    Not long after that movie came out I discovered my neighbor used to manufacture kicker style potter's wheels and he had one left that had not sold and which was probably 20 years old. This has an 80lb kick wheel and a very well-made turning station around it. I paid $100 for it and would not trade it for the world. There are now electric turning benches and probably CNC turning benches - I love mine. They're easy to make and somewhere around here I have the drawings to reproduce them. Stanley, God rest his sole, would smile down from on high to know his kickers have a new life.

Leave a comment:

• mike4
    replied
    Once he starts the classes we can say he has finally gone potty!
    Michael

Leave a comment:

• browne92
    replied
    Wow. She's a beauty. Hey...wait a minute...could this qualify as a gloat? To launch a steady stream of "You Suck"s in your direction?

Leave a comment:

• MichaelP
    replied
    That's a nice trick indeed!

Leave a comment:

• Black Forest
    replied
    Originally posted by MichaelP View Post
    Should we arrange for an emergency surface grinder pickup from Wisconsin for the next Christmas?
    Not necessary. Our place is big enough that I can get away from them all. One sure fired way to be left alone is to ask them to help me actually do some work around the farm. They all avoid me after that. My wife knows exactly what I am up to and gives me a wink.

Leave a comment:

• MichaelP
    replied
    Should we arrange for an emergency surface grinder pickup from Wisconsin for the next Christmas?

Leave a comment:

• Black Forest
    replied
    Originally posted by MichaelP View Post
    I forgot to ask. Did you buy a photography class as a Christmas gift for your sister-in-law?
    My wife asked me if next year we can have Christmas at our place with her whole family here and my family. I told her yes but SHE had to buy anything she gave her sister!

She just smiled and gave me a hug.

Leave a comment:

• MichaelP
    replied
    I forgot to ask. Did you buy a photography class as a Christmas gift for your sister-in-law?

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    BF= Lucky devil

Leave a comment:

• chipmaker4130
    replied
    Yup, I'd have followed that babe anywhere! She's obviously sweet too, the way you talk about her.

Leave a comment:

• MichaelP
    replied
    Now I know why you relocated to Germany. It was a wise move.

Leave a comment:

• Black Forest
    replied
    Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
    Re: Better looking:

Ok, now i see you are sucking up to her for purchasing another machine you got hidden there.

Leave a comment:

• chipmaker4130
    replied
    Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
    Actually I think my wife is better looking than Demi! No joke.
    Gotta love that!

I built my wife an electric potter's wheel while she was taking classes two years ago. She hasn't used it yet because she is so busy, but I think I'll try it someday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X