X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milacron

OK, a little venting here.....

This guy is the most full blown a$$hole that ever walked. It's OK for him to post a "meaningless topic", but let someone else do it, and he shuts it down. I know it's his forum and he can do as he pleases, but the hypocrisy is sickening.

This is the best forum on the net. Yes there are a fair amount of OT posts, and I'm as guilty as anyone. OT or not, I learn something from them all, and the most important thing is, the Moderators allow it, the responses are always decent and informative, without sarcasm and degradation.

Thanks to all for a wonderful place to visit, ask and learn!

the responses are always decent and informative, without sarcasm and degradation.

Ha, are you reading the same HSM as I read? There is lots of sarcasm on this board and I personally try to degrade everyone I can as often as I can!

Why are you bitching about Milacron. It is his sand box and his shovel and pail. If you want to play you have to go by his rules. He doesn't have to go by his rules if he doesn't want to. I bet you complained to the teacher every time a boy or girl teased you in school!!!! What a crybaby. Get over it there is more to life than a OT being shutdown....As the eloquent Sir John has referred to others on this board.....what a wanker!!!!!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I quite like PM but I dont go there much as it takes a long to download.
      MBB

Comment

What?! Milicron's an ass?! Newsflash!

Comment

Originally posted by malbenbut View Post
          I quite like PM but I dont go there much as it takes a long to download.
          MBB
          That's about the only gripe I have. Not only does it take an age to load - it also freezes all the other tabs in IE so I can't go off and read something else whilst waiting.
          Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
          Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
          Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

LOL, I'm not anywhere close to as "eloquent" as BF is, and while I can see some of your point. Different forums also, Mostly pros over there, mostly wannabees over here. Were just the poor hillbilly cousins when were over at PM. It's still a real good forum, and I've learned a lot from it. And a lot of that very direct wording on that forum just reminds me of how it's about the same on almost any job I've ever worked at. And sometimes sarcasm can also be an art form.

Agreed about the site being dead slow with IE, but it's fine with Firefox.

Pete
            Last edited by uncle pete; 12-26-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
              Why are you bitching about Milacron. It is his sand box and his shovel and pail. If you want to play you have to go by his rules. He doesn't have to go by his rules if he doesn't want to.
              It is like playing Calvinball, so he is an ass.
              Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

You guys need to lose the 'tude, dudes.....

1) This is NOT THE PLACE for complaining, George will deal with this shortly, I suspect.

2) read B.F. 's response, it covers the situation nicely.

3) there is an easy solution if you do not like PM, don't GO there.....

I have no problem with Milacron. Some folks sound like the people who get a speeding ticket and then start to question the posted speed limit instead of their own actions.

Keep eye on ball.
                Hashim Khan

Comment

I see we're moving into the new year on a note of dubious quality.
                  Check your reins guys. Don't stir the pot before the ball drops.
                  John M...your (un)usual basement dweller

Comment

I never had a problem with the admin, just the page load times. I can suffer it for a bit but I'd read a heck of a lot more if the pages loaded fluidly.
                    Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
                    Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
                    Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

Originally posted by rws View Post
                      ................. It's OK for him to post a "meaningless topic", but let someone else do it, and he shuts it down. .................
                      Funny, I'm a regular over there and never once seen him do that.

Little reading comprehension lesson for ya':

"I have a question" is a meaningless title and gets closed.

"OT - Problem getting my cat to eat" is very clear about the topic of the thread.

As others have said, if you don't like that forum, DON'T GO THERE.

Steve

Comment

we can do without the whining

This site and PM have fundamentally different aims, and meet very different needs. PM meets its largely through the tight rein Milacron keeps on it. That's a good thing, in my view. If PM is over your head, don't go there.

Comment

"I have a question" is a meaningless title and gets closed.
                          putting a meanless title up is poor form.....almost all here get that which is nice....and with no stick
                          in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by rws View Post
                            OK, a little venting here.....

This guy is the most full blown a$$hole that ever walked.
                            Obviously you never met my last boss before I became self-employed.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                              3) there is an easy solution if you do not like PM, don't GO there.....

A good answer, now if we could just get Milacron to stop coming over to this forum and bitching about how badly we treat him here everything would be perfect.
                              The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X