Ingenious Mechanisms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ingenious Mechanisms

My son sent this link to me and I thought it would be of some interest. Imagine making all those parts out of metal - it must have taken the builder an incredible amount of time to do it even using wood.

http://www.smallflicks.com/watch/2482

The Jacobs ladders reminded me of the one Brian Rupnow built.

Geoff

Geoff---That is really neat. Thanks for posting.----Brian
    Brian Rupnow

Comment

So Cool! Don't you wish they had plans posted? Thanks Fred

Comment

Way cool. They're more than machines, IMHO they are kinetic sculptures and are reminiscent of pachinko (sp?) and pinball machines.

Comment

OMG- I can't watch that. Look how clean the shop is- I can't stand it
          I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

This guy has way, way WAAAAAAAAY too much time on his hands.

Comment

I'm always amazed by the ingenious ways that the builders use to get the balls lifted. This guy had at least 3 different mechanisms that I hadn't seen and really loved the two elevator designs.
              Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

Those are just his starters. Go to youtube and check out some of his more complicated marble machines. Unbelievable. Those made by Matthias Wandel are pretty spectacular, too.

Comment

Love stuff like that.

The one that chucks the ball up to the catch basket: Wonder how many of those damned little balls he chased around the shop floor before he got that one right.
                  Definition: Racecar - a device that turns money into noise.

Comment

This guy has way, way WAAAAAAAAY too much time on his hands.
                    Agreed.
                    He's obviously a retired Engineer. or a retired 'Something' with ALOT of free time on his hands, to make all of those awesome gizmos.

Comment

Working...
                    X