.005" dial indicator source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .005" dial indicator source

Haven't been around here in quite some time but hopefully someone can help me out. I'm working on a project and would like to use a dial indicator to show run-out, however in this application I really dont need .001" accuracy, if the needle moved less it would be beneficial to the operator.

Does anyone know of a dial indicator that is graduated in .005" or perhaps .1mm? Need a travel of approximately half an inch, more isn't a problem.

Is there something other than a dial indicator that I should be looking for in this case?

.1mm would equal about .004 so I suggest you get a metric dial indicator and use it.
    It's only ink and paper

Comment

Originally posted by Carld View Post
      .1mm would equal about .004 so I suggest you get a metric dial indicator and use it.
      I've been able to find .01mm dial indicators but no .1mm indicators unfortunately.

Comment

Yup, most of the dial indicators are graduated in 0.01 mm, but I've seen 0.1 mm ones in a tool catalog. So they are available, but no idea from where or at what price.

Edit: One option is to buy a 0.01 indicator and just change the dial background to a self printed version.
        Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

http://www.mscdirect.co.uk/SPU-14370...Y/product.html

not 1000% sure of this link though...the pic is just a random item (its inch and the specs are metric) and have not had much luck finding another "make" (mot of the time they mention the .1mm but it turns out to be the secondary dial so...)

Comment

Originally posted by dberndt View Post
            Haven't been around here in quite some time but hopefully someone can help me out. I'm working on a project and would like to use a dial indicator to show run-out, however in this application I really dont need .001" accuracy, if the needle moved less it would be beneficial to the operator.

Does anyone know of a dial indicator that is graduated in .005" or perhaps .1mm? Need a travel of approximately half an inch, more isn't a problem.

Is there something other than a dial indicator that I should be looking for in this case?
            Here's one but it only has a travel of 10mm (0.4")

http://www.longislandindicator.com/p152.html

I have one (OK a 0.01mm Kafer) and the quality is excellent.

Gordon

Comment

If you don't require all that much accuracy,why not try something like this? You could even make one that is less sensitive. Mine is +- .015 in. Since I cannot post attachments, I will try to describe it. Basically it is a 10 to 1 lever that translates .015 to .150 in which is easily readable. Bob.

Comment

Working...
              X