Another excellent cl listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another excellent cl listing

See anything you need? Grinder, a heater, Glasses?

http://appleton.craigslist.org/tls/3602554110.html
    Andy

just marvel at the clear, concise photography!

"too much to list" = "I'm an idiot, er lazy idiot, and can't be bothered to help myself"

in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Methinks that there is a shortage of chlorine at the shallow end of the gene pool !
      Last edited by johnnyd; 02-09-2013, 08:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I like the "50% of retail" comment......

"Construction" tools are usually used until they fail, beaten like a bad dog while they still work, thrown (literally) into the back of the pickup, with something heavy put in on top, driven back with the rain soaking the whole pile of them, and MIGHT be "worth" 10% to 20% of retail....... depending on how many pieces have broken off or been lost. Maybe that is why the bad focus......

There are exceptions..... but not many.

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Comment

As I think I have said in the past, these sorts of ads with the grossly out of focus photos are particularly amusing when you find them in the "Photo & video" section.

The other thing about this particular specimen is that even if the pictures were in focus, most of the stuff they are hoping to sell would appear too small to get a useful view of anyhow.

Comment

I love the ads with no price.no number so when you finally talk to them & ask the price they sa "whatta you give me". After all the "cat & mouse" I end up insulting them with an offer brcause the want brand new not on sale price "cause I've only used it for 2 years".

Comment

This one is about as worthless : http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/tls/3605978981.html

Comment

"To much to list and take pictures of" hahahah. thanks, I needed a good laugh.
                Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                  I like the "50% of retail" comment......

"Construction" tools are usually used until they fail, beaten like a bad dog while they still work, thrown (literally) into the back of the pickup, with something heavy put in on top, driven back with the rain soaking the whole pile of them, and MIGHT be "worth" 10% to 20% of retail....... depending on how many pieces have broken off or been lost. Maybe that is why the bad focus......

There are exceptions..... but not many.
                  at least he's "only" trying to get 50%. a few months ago i was checking craigslist regularly for a decent deal on a used plasma cutter. there were a few used ones for sale at prices that were equal or higher than what you could order the same one new for. after corresponding with a couple to see if there was any room for negotiation and noting what a new one cost, they invariably had receipts for what they paid, which was always full retail. seems there are a lot of people who just go buy from their local dealers without trying to shop around or discuss price.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Moons View Post
                    "To much to list and take pictures of" hahahah. thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Thats the best part! It takes way to long to write out all ten items in a row or push a button to focus a camera.
                    Andy

Comment

Yep, some folks will not take any trouble , even if it will likely get them 2 to 3 times more money.....

My FIL is selling a lathe.... it's dirty, and with drive and electrics barely kludged up to work..... gets offers of $100 "to take it off his hands"....... We'll see what I can get for it selling it in working condition, cleaned up. I figure at least $500.

Keep eye on ball.
                      Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                        Yep, some folks will not take any trouble , even if it will likely get them 2 to 3 times more money.....

My FIL is selling a lathe.... it's dirty, and with drive and electrics barely kludged up to work..... gets offers of $100 "to take it off his hands"....... We'll see what I can get for it selling it in working condition, cleaned up. I figure at least $500.

But After getting it all cleaned up and working we always end up keeping them.
                        Andy

Comment

Working...
                        X