Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT Auction link to a Harrison 15x40 Lathe I'm selling 2/27/13 (Nebraska)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Auction link to a Harrison 15x40 Lathe I'm selling 2/27/13 (Nebraska)

I believe an auction link falls within G.B.'s current guidelines on sales postings. If not I apologize and won't cry about a delete.

Location, terms, and contact details are in the linked page, or PM me if needed.

If nothing else, there are lots of pictures for your entertainment.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Last edited by HSM Admin; 02-17-2013, 07:34 AM. Reason: link removed

Man. What's the estimated price on that?

Comment

I'll be petulant if it doesn't break $2k. $4k and momma and I are headed to Red Lobster. Really anybody's guess, but hopefully there will be a long drawn out highly competitive bidding war....

I've had it for 3-4 years, really a nice machine, solid for it's weight, but I'm working on it's 4,800lb. replacement and somethings gotta go.

Comment

Scott,

What would say about the condition of the gears, oil seals, bearings, etc. Do you see any major (or minor) replacements needed anytime soon on the machine?

Thanks
        regards

3t

Comment

In the time I've had it I've made a bushing for the feed gear box, adjusted the clutch, replaced a contactor/put on a new power cord, and modified an unknown steady rest to suit .

Should have a new knob put on the tail stock clamp lever, and the wooden handle on the tail stock hand wheel has always offended me in spite of it's comfy feel. Probably should have a look at the wipers, but IMHO it's plug and play.

I believe it is a sound machine, no bad noises, leaks, etc. The ways are hardened and ground, look and feel good, and while I've never run a two collars test, I've never had any signs of taper show up in the work I've done. It parts like a demon with a GTN insert, I've made buckets of chips with it here on the farm and been impressed. I didn't expect to like it...bought it planning on resale, but it was good enough I just kept running it. The orange paint was responsibly done by a previous owner over what I assume is the original green seen inside the under-cabinet door. I find it kind of appealing even if not my personal first choice.

I have a forklift on site and it is under power for inspection.

Comment

Scott,

Thanks for the information. I'll keep an eye on the auction and may jump in. Best of luck!
            regards

3t

Comment

Working...
            X