• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 ton crane nearly free in Detroit area

Maybe someone on the forum can use it:

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/tls/3625806395.html

Flylo?

Comment

is it just me or does that trolley seem very light for 5 tons?

Comment

Must be .5 ton?

Comment

Why not call the makers and find out? The number is right there.

Comment

With regard to a couple of "gantry cranes" type threads recently, it might have paid to have waited a bit and saved a bit of problem and angst.

If this is real, I doubt it would last too long before being snapped up.

But why hasn't it been snapped up and on its way by now?

Comment

Don't know if it's 5 but it's heavy gauge stuff...

If that adds for real its crazy - letting something like that go for free in any economy is almost unheard of, and then there's this economy - and then there's Michigans economy...

Comment

Perhaps after all there are actually some people that know what they really do and don't need after all and leave what they don't need and not grab it "because its "free"".

Seems odd but for once it might be true.

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                  Must be .5 ton?
                  It looks like 5 ton if the person standing near it is normal height and the cable thickness is also a guide.
                  They dont have to be big and bulky to be capable of lifting , manufacturers have to test them to more than stated lifting capacity to have them approved. Safety factor is usually at minimum 3x lift capacity
                  Michael

Comment

Judging by the background, they may have one last thing to go before they can vacate a building. Wonder how much it would cost to have it moved...

Comment

It's $10,000
                      "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                      world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                      country, in easy stages."
                      ~ James Madison

Comment

I would love to have that bridge crane! Even at $10,000 it is a good deal if you need one. Shipping and CE would kill me.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I wonder how many tons of lift it will require to pick it up.
                          Paul A.
                          SE Texas

Make it fit.
                          You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Cutting that up with a OA torch and selling it for scrap would probably be way more than 10$. This doesn't make sense ...

Could this be a "bait and switch" scheme?

Comment

If it is as flylo says, $10,000.00 rather than $10.00, they will have a very hard time getting it.

That assembly was built to fit a very specific space, runways 30'-40' long no columns, bridge 20'-30' span, just right for a home/garage shop, industrial spaces, not so much.

However I will bet that Taydin is wishing he lived a little closer to Michigan at the moment.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X