X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taydin
    replied
    Originally posted by becksmachine View Post
    However I will bet that Taydin is wishing he lived a little closer to Michigan at the moment.
    That crane is too large for my shop, but if I would have been living there, I would rebuild my shop to suit that crane Damn!

Leave a comment:

• BigMike782
    replied
    Maybe I should refresh before posting.

Leave a comment:

• MrFluffy
    replied
    Originally posted by becksmachine View Post
    If it is as flylo says, $10,000.00 rather than $10.00, they will have a very hard time getting it.

That assembly was built to fit a very specific space, runways 30'-40' long no columns, bridge 20'-30' span, just right for a home/garage shop, industrial spaces, not so much.

However I will bet that Taydin is wishing he lived a little closer to Michigan at the moment.

Dave
    He's not the only one, I'd be on the phone to someone with a hiab about now if it was in europe

Leave a comment:

• flylo
    replied
    I contacted him yesterday & he says $10,000 Firm. I missed a 40'x40'x16'H with dual rolling bridges, hoist, trolleys, etc. The man sold the building to the city of South Bend & he had to have it out that week. I bought it & the city locked us out. That would have been a steal d*mnit!

Leave a comment:

• lazlo
    replied
    Originally posted by mike4 View Post
    It looks like 5 ton if the person standing near it is normal height and the cable thickness is also a guide.
    The hoist and wire rope is probably 5 ton human rated (3x safety factor). But the I-beam is obviously way more than that.

That assembly was built to fit a very specific space, runways 30'-40' long no columns, bridge 20'-30' span, just right for a home/garage shop, industrial spaces, not so much.
    Nothing a plasma cutter wouldn't fix

I wanted to bid on a giant acorn table that the Alcoa Foundry in Rockdale had. I wanted to bring out a plasma, and cut it up into 3' x 4' sections, but the legal team wouldn't allow it

Leave a comment:

• becksmachine
    replied
    If it is as flylo says, $10,000.00 rather than $10.00, they will have a very hard time getting it.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• taydin
    replied
    Cutting that up with a OA torch and selling it for scrap would probably be way more than 10$. This doesn't make sense ...

Could this be a "bait and switch" scheme?

Leave a comment:

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    I wonder how many tons of lift it will require to pick it up.

Leave a comment:

• Black Forest
    replied
    I would love to have that bridge crane! Even at $10,000 it is a good deal if you need one. Shipping and CE would kill me.

Leave a comment:

• flylo
    replied
    It's $10,000

Leave a comment:

• 2ManyHobbies
    replied
    Judging by the background, they may have one last thing to go before they can vacate a building. Wonder how much it would cost to have it moved...

Leave a comment:

• mike4
    replied
    Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
    Must be .5 ton?
    It looks like 5 ton if the person standing near it is normal height and the cable thickness is also a guide.
    They dont have to be big and bulky to be capable of lifting , manufacturers have to test them to more than stated lifting capacity to have them approved. Safety factor is usually at minimum 3x lift capacity
    Michael

Leave a comment:

• oldtiffie
    replied
    Perhaps after all there are actually some people that know what they really do and don't need after all and leave what they don't need and not grab it "because its "free"".

Seems odd but for once it might be true.

Leave a comment:

• A.K. Boomer
    replied
    Don't know if it's 5 but it's heavy gauge stuff...

If that adds for real its crazy - letting something like that go for free in any economy is almost unheard of, and then there's this economy - and then there's Michigans economy...

Leave a comment:

• oldtiffie
    replied
    With regard to a couple of "gantry cranes" type threads recently, it might have paid to have waited a bit and saved a bit of problem and angst.

If this is real, I doubt it would last too long before being snapped up.

But why hasn't it been snapped up and on its way by now?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X